Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly use iTunes, but it works for playing music from my library on a NAS. Never bought a film or TV-show, so I don't know if that works.
What specifically doesn't work/crash?

I enabled full hardware acceleration by simply editing here:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/info.plist the forceOfflineRenderer property in the Info.plist for my board id set to NO?

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md

No intelfixup no shiki and no lilu needed... iTunes is more stable although will crash in bursts..

Last edited:
I enabled full hardware acceleration by simply editing here:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/info.plist the forceOfflineRenderer property in the Info.plist for my board id set to NO?

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md

No intelfixup no shiki and no lilu needed... iTunes is more stable although will crash in bursts..

OHHH¡¡¡ It's perfect, it's easy.... run for me :clap:
Three kext's deleted
EDIT: Intelfixup it's necessary for me, only lili and shiki deleted

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-03 a las 22.38.54.png

Last edited:
I get these results after following the above:

Last login: Sat Nov 4 00:07:42 on ttys000

Antoniss-Pro:~ antanast$ /Users/antanast/Downloads/VDA/VDADecoderCheckerSierra ; exit;

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-11.1.22.1/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display 5

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-11.1.22.1/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display 6

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-11.1.22.1/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display 7

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Does this mean it's OK? In MacX I still can't select Intel Hardware Encoder.

I get these results after following the above:

Last login: Sat Nov 4 00:07:42 on ttys000

Antoniss-Pro:~ antanast$ /Users/antanast/Downloads/VDA/VDADecoderCheckerSierra ; exit;

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-11.1.22.1/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display 5

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-11.1.22.1/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display 6

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-11.1.22.1/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display 7

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Does this mean it's OK? In MacX I still can't select Intel Hardware Encoder.

Doesn’t sound ok! Should just say it’s ok and you should be able to select Intel.

Not sure why though? Sounds like it’s gone wrong. What do you get if you revert the plist back to normal?

Doesn’t sound ok! Should just say it’s ok and you should be able to select Intel.

Not sure why though? Sounds like it’s gone wrong. What do you get if you revert the plist back to normal?
no idea. maybe the rx 580 cant work with thw hd630? would you mind sharing your config and the list of kexts u are using?

Hi, I have HD530 + Nvidia card. Quicksync not working at all, in 10.13. The latest Lilu and Nvidiafix kexts makes me reboot infinite...So I am using Lilu 1.17 not 1.20.
Use the latest lilu, shiki and nvidiagraphicsfixup. In High Sierra dual GPU setup does have issues, in my system, it was stuck at infinite spinning wheel. I enabled -disablegifxfirmware in config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back