Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also tried playing them without -shikigva on my bootargs they still do play fine
Boot arg -shikigva does not affect the playback of protected files. This is done by kexts shiki + intelGraphicsFixup. --shikigva is necessary that hardware acceleration be used HD530 on the system, where there should be discrete graphics, and instead uses single CPU graphics
Now I understand what kind of lags you are writing. I also installed it first as mac mini, and the hardware acceleration worked without -shikigva. But these lags occur, because the windows system is constantly crashing and recovering (in background). (see system logs) This happens quickly, but this is not a normal system operation. Use iMac 17.1 and the --shikigva argument, and everything will be fine.

hi i changed to 17.1 the lag still persist, the lag only happens when I resize the safari window when im on facebook but when im on google no lags. It lags the most when i resize safari window where there are facebook videos.

This is rather a question for Safari. Turn off the hardware acceleration (remove the -shikigva argument, but leave SMBIOS iMac 17.1) If the lags remain without acceleration, then this is not related to the graphics at all. Well, if they disappear, see for yourself. What you need. I did not have any lags in the Safari without acceleration, with the old Nvidia GT120. But quick sync does not turn on with it. So there is no complete perfection.
In any case, leave 17.1 SMBIOS usually choose the closest to these models mac on those processors that they install. And closest to skylake and HD530 is iMac 17.1. I put all SMBIOS'es for skylake, and MacBook 13.1 etc, and the least lags in the system with only 17.1

In Russian site applelife , just confirmed that quick sync works on the following configuration: GA Z170-UD5, 6700K и GTX 960 STRIX OC 2048Mb 128bit GDDR5 [STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5] Two monitors were connected to Nvidia, one dvi and one hdmi. HD530 has 19120001 id (as in Real iMac - "empty framebuffer" ) But with Nvidia GT780 quick sync not work with this config.

Attachments

• QSV_HD530_960.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 109
In Russian site applelife , just confirmed that quick sync works on the following configuration: GA Z170-UD5, 6700K и GTX 960 STRIX OC 2048Mb 128bit GDDR5 [STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5] Two monitors were connected to Nvidia, one dvi and one hdmi. HD530 has 19120001 id (as in Real iMac - "empty framebuffer" ) But with Nvidia GT780 quick sync not work with this config.

On a first look, it seems this person is NOT injecting the NVIDIA Drivers via NvidiaWeb in clover, so I don't know how they're getting the drivers to load...

Wow I did it. I have a 1080ti, a 980ti and Intel GPU enabled (hidden) and QuickSync works!!!!!

3qWDd92.png

On a first look, it seems this person is NOT injecting the NVIDIA Drivers via NvidiaWeb in clover, so I don't know how they're getting the drivers to load...

It was web driver, and SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb - Yes. After that he is tried nvidia 780 - Kepler works natively, and he's forgot to switch this point in config before uploading. Today there is another post with the same MB on tonymac, that the quick sync is yes with 980Ti and 1080Ti. But without necessary details. But! The same MB and CPU!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...aphics-glitch-fix.206410/page-53#post-1518328

But I assume VDADecodeChecker is still returning an error?

Yes it does, you are correct. But my render speeds absolutely reflect it being enabled. I think VDADecodeChecker will return the error regardless due to the external GPU's not carrying over the IOVARenderID.

Either way I can supply proof if needed. DaVinci Resolve render times went from ~10/11 seconds for a test clip down to 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back