Contribute
Register

[Solved]Fixes to Get Full Acceleration on Intel HD Graphics in iMac 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 315243 View attachment 315251 View attachment 315252 it seems like using 0x19120000 with inject intel (YES) and shikigva=28 seems to work for me.

i hope u have connected display to Discrete Graphics Card, if no then still u have not done yet,
if ur using FCPX then it is very imp to connect display to Discrete Graphics Card, in terms of performance.

follow this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-nvidia-primary-display-with-airplay-mirroring.118662/

AFAIK not all AMD cards support all encoding/decoding features so it depends on the card. I've not found a source detailing which cards support which features. If you're on 10.14.1 hardware acceleration on AMD seems somewhat broken anyways...

Yes I saw that after I posted. Never went back to comment. I just boot into windows to do my handbrake conversion.

Honestly you can just use remux instead.. you can convert videos much faster, like a few minutes per video. I used to use handbrake until I found out about remux, and ive never used it since.

Help! If i inject the iGPU and I try to render (both iGPU and dGPU), the system crashes and instant restarts.

AFAIK not all AMD cards support all encoding/decoding features so it depends on the card. I've not found a source detailing which cards support which features. If you're on 10.14.1 hardware acceleration on AMD seems somewhat broken anyways...
Do you mean you can't use the Intel HD acceleration with your RX580 or you can't use hardware acceleration with your RX580 itself ?

when I run VDADecoderChecker
I get:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

GOOD, that gave me hope!

I use kabylake 7600 with HD630 chip, headless-type, use old NV750 to do image task, almost no gaming.
Clover config:
Device -> IntelGFX : 0x59120000
Graphics -> ig-platform-id :0x59120000

But I can't see any case especially when video playing that god damn 630 iGPU kicks in (power gadget shows) for decoding job. youtube on chrome, iina/ VLC play HEVC videos

Am I expecting HW video decoding wrongly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back