CPU
E8400
Graphics
R7 240
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I’m trying to get my hackintosh working on my computer. I made a Sierra Hackintosh USB with UniBeast choosing “Legacy”, and “Inject ATI”.

My computer specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
256GB SSD (completely empty)
AMD Radeon R7 240 GPU
PCI Wireless card (I checked, it works with OSX)
The computer itself is an HP Compaq DC7900 SFF

I boot the USB, choose Sierra in Clover, w/out verbose the loading line gets 2/3rds of the way through before prohibitory sign, with verbose the following screen appears:
23ol9v1.jpg
MvH7fMf.jpg

It’s really hard to read and it’s all jumbled for some reason. I’m able to make out the last line as “still waiting for root device”

Flags I've tried:
-v
-x
USBBusFix=Yes
-s
rd=diskXsY
(disk and partition)

The following boot args were already added by default:
dart=0
nv_disable=1

Other things I've tried:
Adding this kext and modifying config.plst

Here is my list of Kext files:
Image%202018-09-09%20at%202.28.56%20PM.png

BECAUSE THE MACHINE IM USING TO MAKE THE USB IS A 2017 MACBOOK PRO, THE LOWEST OS I CAN GET FROM THE MAC APP STORE FOR UNIBEAST IS SIERRA. I have an older MBP somewhere, I can use that if necessary.

All help appreciated, please note that I’m new so I apologize if there’s something I don’t understand.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

There is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites - You may attach them to your posts here.

I don't understand what you mean. In my post I gave my computer specifications, and you can find them here:

My computer specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
256GB SSD (completely empty)
AMD Radeon R7 240 GPU
PCI Wireless card (I checked, it works with OSX)
The computer itself is an HP Compaq DC7900 SFF

If you're talking about adding my computer specs to my build profile, it's essentially impossible...
%5B635f09884254cc3fe55cf35117605a43%5D_Image+2018-09-10+at+1.30.31+PM.png

And I do not understand what you mean by "there is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites. Are you saying that it's not allowed to use third party sites to attach my images? If so, I can fix that.

If you're talking about adding my computer specs to my build profile, it's essentially impossible...
Use your Profile not your Signature.
Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

<--------------- Here

And I do not understand what you mean by "there is no requirement to host your images / files on third party sites. Are you saying that it's not allowed to use third party sites to attach my images? If so, I can fix that.
It's self explanatory - You should attach them to your posts.

Use your Profile not your Signature.
Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

<--------------- Here

It's self explanatory - You should attach them to your posts.

Fixed images.

What I'm trying to say is I cannot add my system to my profile because none of the options are even remotely close to the computer I have. Core 2 Duo isn't an option, I don't know my motherboard because it's a prebuilt, and the AMD R7 series is also not an option. Unless you want me to put specs that are completely different to my actual computer, but I fail to see how that will help.

What I'm trying to say is I cannot add my system to my profile because none of the options are even remotely close to the computer I have. Core 2 Duo isn't an option, I don't know my motherboard because it's a prebuilt, and the AMD R7 series is also not an option. Unless you want me to put specs that are completely different to my actual computer, but I fail to see how that will help.
Use Profile not signature.
Profile is just text - You can enter anything.
Signature is selected from lists.

I’m able to make out the last line as “still waiting for root device”

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB Port Limit patch.

With the DC7900 you must boot with -f UseKernelCache=No or you will lose access to your USB ports and network.

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB Port Limit patch.

With the DC7900 you must boot with -f UseKernelCache=No or you will lose access to your USB ports and network.

Thank you for the several suggestions. I would love to try them but now I'm running into a new issue.

Now, the computer does not want to boot from the USB. I'm not sure why, as it was able to boot just a few minutes ago. I made no changes at all, and now when I select "boot from USB" all I get is a blinking cursor. This is the same USB that worked before and I haven't made a single change, so I have no clue what happened. I tried different USB ports, making the USB again with UniBeast, and resetting my BIOS, but it's still not working. I plugged it into another computer I had and Clover works with no problems.

Disconnect the power lead.
Press and hold the power on button for 30 secs then release.
Reconnect the power lead.
Power on and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back