Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Plus
  4. Portable
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This isn't exactly a Hackintosh fix post but if anyone was struggling with getting their Intensity Pro card working with El Capitan on either their old MacPro or Hackintosh the solution was easier than anticipated and the culprit was Blackmagic's lousy website. Yes, the Intensity Pro drivers stopped working on Mavericks on up. And there was no longer updated explicitly named "Intensity Pro" drivers it seemed. Blackmagic would not respond to any of my requests for help. Google searches provided no solutions. Then I built my Hackintosh (i7 4970k, Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5, GTX 960) and I wanted to see if i could get the card working as I have a ton of video to transcode. My son, actually, downloaded a file called "Desktop Video 10.6.4" https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ca/support/family/capture-and-playback.

Nowhere in their specs do they include compatibility with first gen Intensity Pro cards. But, low and behold it works. I've seen several posts about the Intensity Pro card, and I thought I would provide this note to anyone struggling with it. Works fantastic BTW. In fact, the sync issues I had with running the card on the Mac Pro, seem to be gone. Amazing.

I'm having trouble with it working on a haswell era hack running Mojave with an RX570. The Intensity Pro card is recognized by Desktop Video and I can set it for playback in Davinci Resolve but, within about 20 seconds of opening a project, I get a beach ball that doesn't go away. If I disable the Intensity Pro card in the play back settings before the beach ball, it doesn't hang and works normally (but obviously with no output to the Intensity Pro).

This card works fine when booted into Windows 10 and used in the same way with Davinci Resolve.

Also, when I first tried the card in Windows, after I installed the Desktop Video software, it prompted me to upgrade the "Intensity Pro 4K". After doing this, it shows up as an Intensity Pro 4K card. I'm not sure if I somehow got a 4K card or if the original Intensity Pro is actually the same hardware as the 4K and it simply needs a firmware update??

Lastly, I'm using the imacPro SMBIOS for this hack as I have found that the regular iMac SMBIOS's (18,1, 18,3 etc) don't allow Resolve to use hardware acceleration for video processing (namely rendering to h265 on the card).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back