CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello to this great community...i've a "problem" after installing some kexts. But i want to start explaining what has happened step by step.
I set up a new build with an Asus X99-E-Ws + 5960x+64gb ddr4 and a titanx card. The main purpose of this setup is as audio workstation.
I own a firewire startech card natively supported by OSX (infact it works OTB with Mavericks in my previous build!).
I installed Yosemite 10.10.5.....everything work fine with clover bootloader etc. But when i installed any drivers for my firewire audio card or keyboards, the peripherals weren't recognized by the system. So i checked in system info and at firewire device the windows was blank. So my fw card was not recognized.
I checked in Extensions dirs and i didn't find any FW*.kext so i took those kext from my Yosemite USB installer :
AppleFWAudio.kext and other 4 IOFW*.kext. They had hidden attributes ( i used Showallfiles to see them in the correct dir!) and i installed them with kextwizard.
I restarted and finally my fw card was recognized and peripherals work perfectly.
But at OSX boot i've a message showing "Failed to Initialize" so maybe one of the 5 kext give me that msg.
How i can remove hidden kext? I checked extensions dir and the 5 FW kext i installed have still hidden attributes and if i try to delete them manually at restart they are still in the dir. So i want to remove all of them and see which of them gives me that "failed to initialize" error message.
Any help is appreciated...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Ex X299
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Firewire Kexts issues

I solved this problem in the simplest way...i copied those *FW*.kext from my Macbookpro with Mavericks installed, and with kexbeast i installed them in my Yosemite Hackintosh, and now everything work perfectly!

Motherboard
X99 WS-E
CPU
Intel 5960x
Graphics
Titan X
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey I've got the same issue. Could you upload the Kext file please?

This worked like a charm! And I've considered giving up on my old PCI Firewire card.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I've made an old VIA FW-Card work in El Capitan, as far as I know, this one is rarely known to work in Mac OS at all.

thenightflyer My Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H not recognizes the FC with this chipsets TSB41LV03 e TSB43AB23 and Im using EC, all kext is on the System Folder...

Can I do something for this?

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Cheers

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Ex X299
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
thenightflyer My Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H not recognizes the FC with this chipsets TSB41LV03 e TSB43AB23 and Im using EC, all kext is on the System Folder...

Can I do something for this?

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Cheers
I use this adapter https://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/FireWire/3-Port-2b-1a-Low-Profile-1394-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card-Adapter~PEX1394B3LP and it's native with OSX.
Maybe your is not native and that's why is not recognized under EC. Try to install the kexts i provided in this thread, they could work..