Contribute
Register

[solved] FindmyMac can't be activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X550LDV
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! I have successfully created a RecoveryHD partition in my hard drive, and it boots perfectly, as well as installs OSX without a problem. I know that FindMyMac needs to “see” this partition in the hard drive, and I have it, but FindMyMac cannot see it….
I don’t know what could be wrong..

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 08.34.47.png

iCloud works perfectly, as well as iMessage and FaceTime, I don’t know what happens with FindMyMac.
I have recently installed a BCM94352HMB WiFi and Bluetooth Airport Extreme card, and before installing it is when I created the RecoveryHD, and tried to activate Find My Mac.
Maybe that is why Find My Mac cannot be activated?
It stays blanked out in my iCloud preferences in System Preferences, I cannot activate it.

Could anyone give me any helpful tip to get this beautiful piece of functionality created by Apple?
I would like to use FindMy Mac because I am a constant and frequent traveler, and this function could eventually save my job tool (workstation also, as well as music production system, I am a teenager, I cannot afford so much, so this laptop has all my projects)!

I am open to trying any suggestion given!
Thanks in advance!

This is the error

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 08.38.14.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 08.39.36.png

FindmyMac can't be activated

Is there anything to be done, besides new clean installation of OSX? :silent:

Is there anything to be done, besides new clean installation of OSX? :silent:

Something is wrong with your recovery partition.

Well, what can I do about that? You've seen my partition layout.. What would be the best approach?

Never mind, I got it working. I figured out you can have multiple RecoveryHD, one for each partition where you installed OSX. I have 2 , so that's why it didnt work, cause i was trying to use the test drive's recoveryhd. I created a new one on my main partition and bam! FindmyMac worked at the first boot after that! :D

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 23.06.34.jpg

Never mind, I got it working. I figured out you can have multiple RecoveryHD, one for each partition where you installed OSX. I have 2 , so that's why it didnt work, cause i was trying to use the test drive's recoveryhd. I created a new one on my main partition and bam! FindmyMac worked at the first boot after that! :D

View attachment 176596

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back