Motherboard
Gigabyte B360N Wifi
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
RX 460
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just after thinking that my new hackintosh is all set for daily use, I ran into some serious problems. let me start with my hardware first.

i7 8700k w/ Noctua L9i
Gigabyte B360N wifi v1.0
Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR4
Crucial M.2 SATA 256gb SSD
ASUS Strix RX 470 4GB
Corsair 430 PSU

Running 10.13.6
system def- 14,2

SO during my first install. I set my bios to the required settings for hackintosh. and the install was just smooth.

BIOS Settings: I had my internal graphics disabled and my display output set to PCIE adapter.

After install, I got everything working OOB including the Radeon RX 470 recognized with metal support, so I ran multibeast and selected only 'Intelmausiethernet' and 'FakeSMCplugins' as only those seemed to needing some fixes.

After the restart I was able to ran Mac OS almost perfectly. I ran BruceX test and got a score of 24 Secs which seemed really good. It was all good until I tried to edit a video, I noticed sudden freezes during editing. I had to restart several times while working with FCPX. the freeze is very distinctive. The mouse cursor will work but won't respond to any click or scroll. restart was the only option. Also H.264 export failed in FCPX. But it works if I enable IGPU.

I wanted to see if enabling the internal graphics worked any better.(I enabled internal graphics and set the allocated memory to 128MB VRAM)
It did work better. I Ran the bruce X test again. But this time I got a score of 92 seconds. This is because of the FCPX not utilizing the RX 470.

Both my IGPU and RX 470 are detected with metal support in the system report and I even ran Cinebench R15 and Luxmark. Both of which show similar scores of other builds with RX 470. So my concern at the moment is FCPX not using the RX 470.

What I've tried so far :

I've added lilu and WEG to clover/kexts/others
I tried fakeid Intel GFX ID 59128086 and ig-platform id 59120003 (this resulted in the IGPU not even showing up in system report)

I will attach my clover config with this post. I'm hoping that someone will help me with this build.

View media item 190976View media item 190975View media item 190974

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Update:
I learnt that H.264 needs intel quick sync to work properly. I solved this issue by enabling quick sync with lilu and WEG.

I would like to ask, how did you get the rx 470 to work. My problem is that it is stuck at 7mb and not buffering properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back