RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't think I've changed anything since updating to 10.14.2 but my Bluetooth has spontaneously stopped working (Bluetooth: Not Available). I'm using the recommended Fenvi 919 card, wifi seems fine. I updated Lilu and AirportBrcmFixup just in case, but that didn't seem to help.

Is it working in any other OS you might have on the machine?

I don't think I've changed anything since updating to 10.14.2 but my Bluetooth has spontaneously stopped working (Bluetooth: Not Available). I'm using the recommended Fenvi 919 card, wifi seems fine. I updated Lilu and AirportBrcmFixup just in case, but that didn't seem to help.
This sounds like a USB port limit problem. If you don't have a custom USB SSDT, then you'll have to update your USB port limit patch for new versions of MacOS.

BlueTooth from the Fenvi card is connected to a USB port on your motherboard. If this port is not available, BlueTooth won't work.

You can run IORegistryExplorer and find "XHC" in the tree on the left side to see a list of all available USB ports. If a device is attached to a USB port, some information about the device will also be shown.

I have the same problem with the Fenvi T919 card - WIFI works but not Bluetooth. I ran IORegistryExplorer (see attached), but don't know what to look for. My BT cable is plugged into the front panel USB Header. Can you tell if that is available?

Attachments

• IORgistryLower25.png
    IORgistryLower25.png
    1 MB · Views: 149
I have the same problem with the Fenvi T919 card - WIFI works but not Bluetooth. I ran IORegistryExplorer (see attached), but don't know what to look for. My BT cable is plugged into the front panel USB Header. Can you tell if that is available?
Your Bluetooth controller is right there at HS07.
IORgistryLower25.png

Great. Thanks. My system says "Bluetooth: Not Available." Any clues?

Great. Thanks. My system says "Bluetooth: Not Available." Any clues?
Is this coming from the About this Mac --> System Profile --> Bluetooth page?

If so, can you grab a screenshot of the USB page (may need to make window taller to grab as much of the USB listing as possible)?

Is this coming from the About this Mac --> System Profile --> Bluetooth page?

If so, can you grab a screenshot of the USB page (may need to make window taller to grab as much of the USB listing as possible)?
This was from the IORegistryExplorer. Here is the USB page from About this Mac. The Bluetooth page just says "no information found."

Attachments

• USBLower25.png
    USBLower25.png
    1 MB · Views: 174
This was from the IORegistryExplorer. Here is the USB page from About this Mac. The Bluetooth page just says "no information found."
Your Broadcom Bluetooth seems to correctly configured and recognized by MacOS.

I wonder if the USB port limit patch is causing this problem -- because your system exceeds the 15 port limit of MacOS.

A quick thing to try:
  • Install USBInjectAll and XHCI-Unsupported.kext if not already done (files are attached and can be copied to CLOVER/kexts/Other)
  • Edit your config.plist with Clover Configurator, go to the Boot section, and add this to your boot argument:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS01,HS03,HS04,HS05,HS06,HS10,HS11,HS14,SS01

This will disable these ports temporarily. Don't worry -- your keyboard and mouse are on HS09 and Bluetooth is on HS07 so they won't be affected. This will reduce the total port count which might solve the Bluetooth problem.

Again -- no guarantees, but it's worth a try.

Attachments

• USB Injection Kexts.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back