RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Now i did what i had feared as a new Hackintosh owner. I installed the FakeSMC.kext with the plugins via MultiBeast.

Thereafter i get the Panic error during boot.

I have started in Single User Mode with the intention of just - as a starting point deleting/moving the kext away from the (on the main osx volume). But it is not there!!!

This has me thinking it might boot it from the EFI drive. But I have no luck mount the EFI. I am a total beginner at this so bare with me. What commands to use when in Clover...booting -s in Single User Mode...and get the kext file deleted/moved.

I would appreciate any help get me booting osx again.

I have started in Single User Mode with the intention of just - as a starting point deleting/moving the kext away from the (on the main osx volume). But it is not there!!!

MultiBeast tells you where it is installing kexts to and it is not /System/Library/Extensions :

MB.png

I am a total beginner at this so bare with me.

We will not be getting naked with you, sorry.

I would appreciate any help get me booting osx again.

Boot in safe mode and delete the offending kexts, then rebuild cache and restart.

First: it worked!! Thank you very much.

Second: :crazy: haha I have totally missed to think of booting in Safe Mode. During my first Hackintosh build has lead me into thinking at Terminal is the way to go if there is problems. And missing the file location - no excuses there. Still learning:idea:.

Third:
We will not be getting naked with you, sorry.
BEAR with me. Even Danes should know the right word - At least they sound similar :mrgreen:

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back