Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Did my first build early last year and really pleased to get everything working eventually. Since then I have updated MacOS a few times and recently discovered that my external DVD drive is no longer working, or even recognised.

Not really sure where to start so any ideas and wisdom would be much appreciated.

The DVD drive was from amazon: "External DVD CD Burner Drive, Patuoxun Portable USB DVD CD RW Writer Reader CD-RW / DVD-RW Player, External Optical Drives with Classic Silvery for Apple MacBook Air, Macbook Pro, Mac OS, PC Laptop"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AFWKC8C/?tag=tonymacx86-21

My Build
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Motherboard

Not really sure where to start so any ideas and wisdom would be much appreciated.

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

Test your optical drive in another operating system, if it works then it is probably your USB configuration that is at fault.

Thanks for the response. I tried the DVD on a windows machine and all works OK. I then plugged it back into my Mac using a word on a USB hub which I hadn't tried before and everything sprang to live. It is now recognised, DVDs work as do CDs. Seems strange to me as I'd tried every other port on the Mac itself with no response. Anyway normal service has now been restored.

I will also check my profile.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back