GeForce GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
for some reasons, my ethernet stopped working.
I tried to reinstall the Realtek driver from Multibeast with no luck.
Tried to follow this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-ethernet-not-working-z170-hd3.231544/

And now my ethernet do not appear anymore on the "System Preferences - Network" of Sierra.
Tried then to reinstall again from Multibeast, but now my ethernet is definitely gone.

What else can I try?
Thanks

Hello,
for some reasons, my ethernet stopped working.
I tried to reinstall the Realtek driver from Multibeast with no luck.
Tried to follow this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-ethernet-not-working-z170-hd3.231544/

And now my ethernet do not appear anymore on the "System Preferences - Network" of Sierra.
Tried then to reinstall again from Multibeast, but now my ethernet is definitely gone.

What else can I try?
Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks for that.
I tried to create the requested "Problem Reporting" file using the tool form black.dragon74 but it seems I need internet in order to do it. Since my Ethernet port is not working, I think I am stuck now. The file is attached.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting 20180704.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for that.
I tried to create the requested "Problem Reporting" file using the tool form black.dragon74 but it seems I need internet in order to do it. Since my Ethernet port is not working, I think I am stuck now. The file is attached.
Thanks.

The required files can also be collected without internet access.
It is covered in the gen_debug github README.
Always read carefully before asking questions.

Unfortunately not.
I think we are stuck here too.
Just to make sure I did all my reading again and I keep ketting the same results:

"This version of IORegistryExplorer is not recommended."

I think I have to live without it or reinstall the whole system from scratch then.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting 02.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 102
Unfortunately not.
I think we are stuck here too.
Just to make sure I did all my reading again and I keep ketting the same results:

"This version of IORegistryExplorer is not recommended."

I think I have to live without it or reinstall the whole system from scratch then.
Thank you.

The link for the correct version of IORegistryExplorer.app is linked from the laptop FAQ.

Thanks feartech. :)
That's the one I am using, but doesn't work and is quite frustrating.

Blowtorch?

Thanks feartech. :)
That's the one I am using, but doesn't work and is quite frustrating.

Blowtorch?

What do you mean by "doesn't work"?

Basic information is all that is required... run IORegistryExplorer.app (correct version), choose File Save As, pick a name, save. Compress resulting file as ZIP, attach.

Mount your EFI partition. Go to EFI/Clover within. Copy/paste to desktop. Remove 'themes'. Compress as ZIP. Attach.

Run Terminal. Type 'sudo kextcache -i'. Select resulting text, copy/paste into Text Edit. Save the file. Compress as ZIP. Attach.

That will tell us what kexts you have installed, what you have in your EFI/Clover setup, and ioreg which will show which kexts are starting, etc.

Only with such information, can any useful information (that is not guesses) be provided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back