Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone know how I can install a driver for Ethernet on an Asus Strix Z270 on Sierra?

Does anyone know how I can install a driver for Ethernet on an Asus Strix Z270 on Sierra?
You didn't specify which specific version of the Asus ROG STRIX Z270 (there are 5) you have, but luckily they all use the same ethernet chip, the Intel i219V. The driver for this is in MultiBeast -> Drivers -> Network -> Intel -> IntelMausiEthernet.

You didn't specify which specific version of the Asus ROG STRIX Z270 (there are 5) you have, but luckily they all use the same ethernet chip, the Intel i219V. The driver for this is in MultiBeast -> Drivers -> Network -> Intel -> IntelMausiEthernet.

Dear nobodynose, I tried multiple times to install the IntelMausiEthernet v.2.1.0 and v2.2.0 but it never worked. I was wondering if I might have to download another version of MultiBeast to get other IntelMausiEthernet drivers which would work..

And this is my Strix: ASUS STRIX Z270F GAMING (LGA 1151, Intel Z270, ATX)

Cheers
Marin

Any luck with this yet?

No, non unfortunately..

I'm thinking about getting a thunderbolt 3 Dock which has an ethernet port. You think that might work?

No, non unfortunately..

I'm thinking about getting a thunderbolt 3 Dock which has an ethernet port. You think that might work?
To be honest I don't even know if thunderbolt works on my build. I have nothing to test it with.

I just found out that I can't even play video on my build, probably because I don't have any audio.

To be honest I don't even know if thunderbolt works on my build. I have nothing to test it with.

I just found out that I can't even play video on my build, probably because I don't have any audio.

The thing is I have a Focusrite Thunderbolt Interface and I'll test it as soon as I get my adapter. I'll let you know if it works :)

The thing is I have a Focusrite Thunderbolt Interface and I'll test it as soon as I get my adapter. I'll let you know if it works :)
Just googled that, it's a pretty pricey piece of equipment. Several people have reported peripherals through thunderbolt working.

Make sure thunderbolt is enabled in your bios. And if it doesn't work then boot up on windows 10 and install the thunderbolt drivers and thunderbolt should work fine. Oh and also make sure your on your latest bios.

Just googled that, it's a pretty pricey piece of equipment. Several people have reported peripherals through thunderbolt working.

Make sure thunderbolt is enabled in your bios. And if it doesn't work then boot up on windows 10 and install the thunderbolt drivers and thunderbolt should work fine. Oh and also make sure your on your latest bios.

Thank you! I'll try that. :)

@Pixelmentor, try RehabMan's adjusted version of IntelMausiEthernet

Background info in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...xt-with-z270g-motherboard-onboard-lan.216574/

Download KextBeast 2.0.1 and RehabMan-IntelMausiEthernet-v2-2017-0321.zip
  • Remove previous IntelMausiEthernet.kext from /Library/Extensions
  • Place IntelMausiEthernet.kext from the Rehabman-IntelMausiEthernet-v2-2017-0321/Release folder on your desktop.
  • Run KextBeast installer
  • Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions
  • Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back