Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I have a new build using i5 7500, GA B250M HD3, and using integrated HD 630 graphics.

I'm using the latest Multibeast version 9.2, and it has fixed some of the issues I had in the previous version. But I cant get my ethernet to work. I've tried all three versions of Realtek RTL8111 in Multibeast and nothing seems to work. What's puzzling me is that in Multibeast v9.1, ethernet was working.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

What's puzzling me is that in Multibeast v9.1, ethernet was working.
If you think that is the case then run MultiBeast v9.1 and just select your Ethernet driver and nothing else.

Hi Pilgrim,

I've tried all 3 RTL8111 versions in MB 9.1 and none worked. I wouldn't want to go back to MB 9.1 as MB 9.2 fixed my issue on HD 630 7MB, now I have HD 630 1536 MB and boots and shutdowns fast now. I also still have other issues with screen resolution (screen offset to the right) and audio (ALC887, output devices found but no sound) but I'll start a thread on these two issues in the appropriate forum.

ANything else I can try to get my ethernet back?

thanks.

I wouldn't want to go back to MB 9.1 as MB 9.2 fixed my issue on HD 630 7MB, now I have HD 630 1536 MB and boots and shutdowns fast now.
You seem not to understand the concept of MultiBeast.
It only does what you tell it to, so you do not have to install everything every time, you can select just one item and install that without affecting anything else. If your Ethernet was working then there was no benefit to reinstalling it.

Look in /Library/Extensions and move any Realtek kexts to the trash.
Do the same in /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the RealtekRTL8111.kext and place it on the desktop.
Download and run KextBeast, selecting /Library/Extensions as the destination.

Open the Terminal app and type :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return and type your password (it will not display on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Thanks Pilgrim, did exactly what you suggested,my ethernet's back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back