1050 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone! I just had my Hackintosh re-installed because I dun-goofed, I got everything working except for the Ethernet, Here are my system specs
Gigabyte Z170-HD3
Intel core i5-6600k
16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 2666Mhz
Gigabyte 1050 TI G1 Gaming 4GB
Running macOS 10.12.6
So the main problem is that I've made multiple attempts using Multibeast, installing different kexts, the one that should be working is the RealtekRTL8111.kext but for some reason it does absolutely nothing for me. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks I appreciate all the help!

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download the kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed restart.

Works perfectly thanks!

I tried this and my ethernet is still not working. Can someone please help?

What are your specs?

@Armando.Pedron, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I just wanted to say in there that post #2 was exactly what I needed to get my board running Mojave with Ethernet. Multibeast just wouldn't get ethernet working. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back