4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm getting this error (see attached) at the VERY END of what seemed to be an uneventful Sierra (GM #2) installation on my Ivy Bridge NUC. Literally the very end - it says "About 0 seconds remaining" for several seconds, then the error dialog pops up. I've downloaded Sierra twice and created the USB installer twice, so I don't think it's a corrupt download or USB stick. I Googled the message and found a page (https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/49094) that suggested having the wrong system date/time caused this, and sure enough, my time was off by an hour (I hadn't booted this machine since the start of Daylight Savings Time). So I corrected the time and tried again - with the same result. Clicking OK just takes me back to the main menu you get when you boot up the USB installer.

So has anyone else encountered this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Attachments

• Sierra_error.png
    Sierra_error.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,957
Tried changing the time, tried different USB ports (2.0/3.0), disabled internet, removed all the other usb devices i don't need, removed all my other hard drives, but still struggling to get past that.

I guess i will have to install el capitan back and try making the Sierra USB again. Thanks for the info. I'm clad it worked for you guys :)

I am having the same problem. Tried all the way suggested: USB flash drive and USB Port the system time is correct (London). Downloaded OS Sierra final release in two different mac pcs. No success, the same error goes on popping at the end of installation.
GA-Z87MX-D3H, Intel Core i7 4771, 16MB Mem,
Help please......

I am having the same problem. Tried all the way suggested: USB flash drive and USB Port the system time is correct (London). Downloaded OS Sierra final release in two different mac pcs. No success, the same error goes on popping at the end of installation.
GA-Z87MX-D3H, Intel Core i7 4771, 16MB Mem,
Help please......

Solved the by disabling the embedded graphic on the board in bios setting.

How do you get into the bios? I've tried to no success. Currently sitting with an un-bootable macbook here :(

Solved the by disabling the embedded graphic on the board in bios setting.

How do you access the Bios? I've tried numerous attempts and all have failed, so I'm basically stuck with an un-bootable MacBook :(

How do you get into the bios? I've tried to no success. Currently sitting with an un-bootable macbook here :(

You do know that this site is intended for users of Hackintoshes, not "real" Macs, right? The installation tools and methods here are for non-Apple PC hardware, not for Apple hardware. And to answer your question, Macbooks don't really have a BIOS you can access to change settings.

Can we bring this back to discussion. I cant install Sierra on my new Hackintosh. Already tried all above Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back