Contribute
Register

"End randomseed" reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this issue earlier today. I fixed it by installing Clover v2.4k r4411 on my macOS bootable USB with the following options:
  • Install for UEFI booting only (also selects Install Clover in the ESP)
  • Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64

It boots up okay, after I select "Install high Sierra" it stucks at "End randomseed" and reboots after 30 seconds.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v) and Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100).

Thanks for the replys.
Here is a screenshot of the last output.
Don't reboot on panic (debug=0x100) didn't work the pc still reboots after this message.

I although tried it on a Lenovo X220 I3. Same result.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    958.9 KB · Views: 7,411
Last edited:
I had this issue earlier today. I fixed it by installing Clover v2.4k r4411 on my macOS bootable USB with the following options:

I can't customize the options in clover installer, what's the way of doing this?

@ELJUPO I ended solving the problems by using a concrete USB port on my PC. It only works on this port, I don't know why.

What do you mean by a concrete USB port? One that's directly on the motherboard as opposed to a USB hub?

I was only able to boot with a USB 2.0 16GB SanDisk (no USB 3.0 devices would work even though all the ports on my board are USB 3.0 and they were recognized in the BIOS).

You can customize the Clover installer by clicking "Customize" in the third prompt. See attached screenshots. The settings that worked for me were...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 7.17.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 7.17.46 PM.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 11,014
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 7.21.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 7.21.11 PM.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 11,641
What do you mean by a concrete USB port? One that's directly on the motherboard as opposed to a USB hub?

I was only able to boot with a USB 2.0 16GB SanDisk (no USB 3.0 devices would work even though all the ports on my board are USB 3.0 and they were recognized in the BIOS).

You can customize the Clover installer by clicking "Customize" in the third prompt. See attached screenshots. The settings that worked for me were...

Yes, one that's directly on the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back