Motherboard
Acer Aspire V3 372 Mobo, Chipset : SkylakeU Premium PCH
CPU
Intel Core i5 6267u 2.9ghz
Graphics
Intel Iris 550
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have an acer v3 372 with an intel i5 6267u and iris 550 GPU. I am trying to install macOS Mojave on it. Following the rehabman guide, I was able to boot up and even install. A bunch of things don't work at the moment but I have ethernet enabled. I am trying to enable the graphics at the moment. It would be nice if someone could help me.

I have the typical problem of showing 7mb in the graphics properties and graphics glitches.
Things I have tried:

I had to set the intelGFX id to 0x12345678 to boot and install otherwise system restarts before it reaches the installation screen.
Tried fake id to 0x19160004 ; no response. I think the graphics should be natively supported?! Should i do something with SMBIOS ?
IntelGFX0 to iGPU patch; cannot boot; same error (restarting)
Lilu+WhateverGreen; cannot boot; same error
Rehabman iris550 plist; cannot boot

Thoughts:
I have seen people talking about this same laptop I am having and about its DvMT value. It is 32mb it seems, no option to change it. I understand the framebuffer patch is the solution to this problem. I cannot attempt to do it because I cannot boot with the WhateverGreen kext; same error(restarting; could be because it automatically does the iGPU patch). I also figured out from web search the correct platform id i should use; but dont know how to apply it.

It would be awesome if anyone could help me proceed to fix this error; should I keep the intelGFX id as 0x12345678 boot into the os and somehow do the framebuffer patch?

Thanks alot.

I have an acer v3 372 with an intel i5 6267u and iris 550 GPU. I am trying to install macOS Mojave on it. Following the rehabman guide, I was able to boot up and even install. A bunch of things don't work at the moment but I have ethernet enabled. I am trying to enable the graphics at the moment. It would be nice if someone could help me.

I have the typical problem of showing 7mb in the graphics properties and graphics glitches.
Things I have tried:

I had to set the intelGFX id to 0x12345678 to boot and install otherwise system restarts before it reaches the installation screen.
Tried fake id to 0x19160004 ; no response. I think the graphics should be natively supported?! Should i do something with SMBIOS ?

Thoughts:
I have seen people talking about this same laptop I am having and about its DvMT value. It is 32mb it seems, no option to change it. I understand the framebuffer patch is the solution to this problem. I cannot attempt to do it because I cannot boot with the WhateverGreen kext; same error(restarting; could be because it automatically does the iGPU patch). I also figured out from web search the correct platform id i should use; but dont know how to apply it.

It would be awesome if anyone could help me proceed to fix this error; should I keep the intelGFX id as 0x12345678 boot into the os and somehow do the framebuffer patch?

Thanks alot.
I have moved your post to laptop support for you

Things I have tried:

Thoughts:

Thanks alot.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_18228.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 59

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181211-084056.png
    Screenshot_20181211-084056.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20181211-084014.png
    Screenshot_20181211-084014.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Tried with P530_HD550.plist. Got a kernel panic; attaching screenshot. Thanks. Just reminding again my dvmt is 32mb.
You should have Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext installed and enable the framebuffer patches for 32MB DVMT in config.plist/Devices/Properties.

You should have Lilu.kext + WhateverGreen.kext installed and enable the framebuffer patches for 32MB DVMT in config.plist/Devices/Properties.
Hey,,
Thanks. I am trying to do it. Placed whatevergreen+lilu kexts. I prefer clover configurator so I tried applying the patches through it. I haven't booted the system with this config. But I just want to make sure I'm entering the values correctly. I followed rehabmans guide to set the values and it has values in the byte reversed form; so I had to convert them back to hex myself. I don't know if the last hex value for fbmem is correct. Screenshot of clover configurator attached.

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_20181211_120714.jpg
    IMG_20181211_120714.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 94
Hey,,
Thanks. I am trying to do it. Placed whatevergreen+lilu kexts. I prefer clover configurator so I tried applying the patches through it. I haven't booted the system with this config. But I just want to make sure I'm entering the values correctly. I followed rehabmans guide to set the values and it has values in the byte reversed form; so I had to convert them back to hex myself. I don't know if the last hex value for fbmem is correct. Screenshot of clover configurator attached.

Thanks again
They look correct. But Clover Configurator is buggy. I prefer PlistEdit Pro. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back