Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4750
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
Need some help. I have recently switched my office desktop to a newer Gigabyte mainboard with Core i3 - 3220 processor. For graphics, I am using AMD Radeon HD 5450 1 GB version. This same GFX card was working fine in my previous Intel 2nd gen build in High Sierra. I am using Clover patches and Fake ID for the machine to recognise the GFX card and the system is showing that it is an ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series 1 GB card. Although, I am getting full resolution & QE/CI, the colour is constantly flickering. Any suggestions? I am attaching the ioreg & Clover zip folder sans the themes one. BTW, here is my build info:

MSI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB (0X68F9)
Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 DVI
CPU: IvyBridge Core i3 3220
High Sierra 10.13.2 (17CBB)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 1,750
  • Mustafizur’s iMac.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,088
I have the same MSI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB (0X68F9) GPU and have the same issue, the color is constantly flickering in High Sierra.

Hi
Need some help. I have recently switched my office desktop to a newer Gigabyte mainboard with Core i3 - 3220 processor. For graphics, I am using AMD Radeon HD 5450 1 GB version. This same GFX card was working fine in my previous Intel 2nd gen build in High Sierra. I am using Clover patches and Fake ID for the machine to recognise the GFX card and the system is showing that it is an ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series 1 GB card. Although, I am getting full resolution & QE/CI, the colour is constantly flickering. Any suggestions? I am attaching the ioreg & Clover zip folder sans the themes one. BTW, here is my build info:

MSI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB (0X68F9)
Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 DVI
CPU: IvyBridge Core i3 3220
High Sierra 10.13.2 (17CBB)

Are you getting different colors when ever you move your mouse cursor on anything ?
Are the colors more purplish?
Did you have the problem as you were installing your account setup onwards?
Can you post an image?
I checked your CLOVER and suggesting a change in your config.plist_Graphics_FB Name to "Eulemur" as shown in edited image.
Save edited CLOVER using CCV or your editor of choice and reboot and see .

Attachments

• 1.Graphics_FB Name >Eulemur.png
    1.Graphics_FB Name >Eulemur.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 3,408
I have the same MSI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB (0X68F9) GPU and have the same issue, the color is constantly flickering in High Sierra.
I had Graphics problem in macOS high Sierra ( both Beta and later the Release versions) with my Radeon 5450. I had posted how I solved it here:#1
You may take a look and see if that is what you are experiencing and whether that fix could help you.

I had Graphics problem in macOS high Sierra ( both Beta and later the Release versions) with my Radeon 5450. I had posted how I solved it here:#1
You may take a look and see if that is what you are experiencing and whether that fix could help you.

Hi cmn699

Managed to stop the flickering and get back the original resolution. Thanks to your SwitchResX solution. Still don't know why the GFX card was spilling out Billions of colors instead of Millions. Any thoughts? BTW, much appreciate the help.

Hi cmn699

Managed to stop the flickering and get back the original resolution. Thanks to your SwitchResX solution. Still don't know why the GFX card was spilling out Billions of colors instead of Millions. Any thoughts? BTW, much appreciate the help.
  • Thank you for your feed back.
  • I really don't know the exact cause. It took a while for me to accidentally find why the color was "bleeding into orange and purple" by noting " the Billions of colors" in my abnormal Graphics and Millions in the Normal Graphics of another MacOS I had been using SwitchResX. I just tried to change the [√] from Billions to Millions and the problem was solved. I recorded everything with my camera and edited the images and created that post for the benefit of others who might face the problem which is hard to explain in our post!
  • I think a very involved reading of the material in the the link provided by itwas in #5 and further reading of Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) may be able to give us answers. I have not had enough time yet for that.
    • I hope itwas would amplify his answer a bit to explain how it worked .

• Thank you for your feed back.
  • I really don't know the exact cause. It took a while for me to accidentally find why the color was "bleeding into orange and purple" by noting " the Billions of colors" in my abnormal Graphics and Millions in the Normal Graphics of another MacOS I had been using SwitchResX. I just tried to change the [√] from Billions to Millions and the problem was solved. I recorded everything with my camera and edited the images and created that post for the benefit of others who might face the problem which is hard to explain in our post!
  • I think a very involved reading of the material in the the link provided by itwas in #5 and further reading of Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) may be able to give us answers. I have not had enough time yet for that.
    • I hope itwas would amplify his answer a bit to explain how it worked .

problem solved, Update the HD5450 Legacy VBIOS with UEFI-enabled VBIOS, no more "bleeding color into orange and purple"
wake from sleep tested OK

(macOS 10.13.0 17A405)
SMBIOS=iMac13,2
MSI Radeon HD5450
GA-B75M-D3H
i5-3570K, IGPU disabled

original VBIOS info
Code:
Dumping info from = HD5450.BIN

Generate Info for file HD5450.BIN: (OpRom Image)
==========================================
Image 1 -- Offset 0x0
=======================
  ROM header contents:
    Signature              0xAA55
    PCIR offset            0x01D4
  PCI Data Structure
    Signature              PCIR
    Vendor ID              0x1002
    Device ID              0x68F9
    PCI Revision           0x00
    Image size             0xE800
    Code revision          0x0C12
    Indicator              0x80   (last image)
    Code type              0x00   (PCAT Image)
  Legacy BIOS File Name    MSV21250.001
  Legacy BIOS Part Number  113-AC39300-100
  Legacy BIOS Build Number 138608
  Legacy BIOS Change List  526233
  ByteCheckSum             0

patched UEFI-enabled VBIOS info
Code:
Dumping info from = HD5450_updGOP.BIN

Generate Info for file HD5450_updGOP.BIN: (OpRom Image)
==========================================
Image 1 -- Offset 0x0
=======================
  ROM header contents:
    PCIR offset            0x01D4
  PCI Data Structure
    Code revision          0x0C12
    Indicator              0x00   (Not last image)
    Code type              0x00   (PCAT Image)
  Legacy BIOS File Name    MSV21250.001
  Legacy BIOS Part Number  113-AC39300-100
  Legacy BIOS Build Number 138608
  Legacy BIOS Change List  526233
  ByteCheckSum             0
Image 2 -- Offset 0xE800
=======================
  ROM header contents:
    PCIR offset            0x001C
  PCI Data Structure
    Code revision          0x0000
    Indicator              0x80   (last image)
    Code type              0x03   (EFI Image)
    EFI Signature          0x0EF1
    Compression Type       0x0001 (compressed)
    Machine type           0x8664 (X64)
    Subsystem              0x000B (EFI boot service driver)
    EFI image offset       0x0058 (abs: 0xE858)

Dump Gop Driver Info:
    Machine type code      X64
    Size Of Gop Image      98144 (95 KB)
    GOP Driver Name: AMD GOP X64 Release Driver Rev.1.60.0.15.50.Feb  1 2016.14:59:32
    GOP AMD_Build          425
    GOP AMD_CL             1233155

Last edited:
hi Itwas... are you using fcpx... is this card compatible for editing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back