Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Enabled Filevault and cannot boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if this works with APFS? I got an error saying that The given APFS Volume is already encrypting or decrypting (-69573)

Any luck yet?

Anyone know if this works with APFS? I got an error saying that The given APFS Volume is already encrypting or decrypting (-69573)

Any luck yet?

Go to this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/issue-with-filevault-2-keyboard-not-working-laptop.243173/

Download the .efi from post #8. follow the instructions in post #10

Use your USB boot drive and boot into "filevault" you should be able to use your keyboard to log in now. You will have to let filevault fully encrypt. There is no way to turn it off in high sierra with apfs (that I could find) when it's in the middle of encrypting. Once it's done encrypting you can decrypt it but that will take just as long.

The other day, I turned on FileVault in Mojave 10.14.3 with an APFS drive. When I launch the FileVault Preboot, the system hangs before I get a chance to enter a password. Any suggestions?

AptioInputFix-64.efi is installed. Output is below.
IMG_1844.jpg

I finally solved my problem. The solution was to go into Clover -> Install Drivers -> Drivers UEFI 64 Bit. I had been missing some drivers indicated to help with Filevault 2. I added all that looked relevant, and it works.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am stuck too...

I finally solved my problem. The solution was to go into Clover -> Install Drivers -> Drivers UEFI 64 Bit. I had been missing some drivers indicated to help with Filevault 2. I added all that looked relevant, and it works.

Could you give more details, my system is currently locked and I can’t get anywhere other than the recovery mode. I also have my MacBook Pro.

EDIT: Fixed it.

Went into Recovery mode, had Clover on the USB key used to boot the system. Loaded Clover, Mounted the UEFI partition. Then with clover loaded all the drivers that said FileVault 2 in the bottom part.... despite numerous error message in recovery mode, the drivers were loaded. (don't forget to enable networking).

Reboot, many weird error messages, but now FileVault is decrypting... ( I had started it in recovery mode but it paused).

Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back