Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm about ready to throw my machine out a window.

I can't for the life of me get my GPU to work properly. I'm having the same issue a lot of people seem to be, but none of the solutions are producing any result. I've followed this guide to the best of my ability:

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

The big issue seems to be that every time I enable EmuVariableUefi, my system won't boot properly. It gets to the Apple icon with the progress bar, but just past half way through, the monitor loses its signal. Removing EmuVariableUefi fixes the problem, but them I'm still without a GPU. And I'd really would like to use my GPU.

The big issue seems to be that every time I enable EmuVariableUefi, my system won't boot properly. It gets to the Apple icon with the progress bar, but just past half way through, the monitor loses its signal. Removing EmuVariableUefi fixes the problem, but them I'm still without a GPU. And I'd really would like to use my GPU.
Attach your config.plist

Attached.
Nothing there that would stop it from working.

How is it connected to the monitor ?
Did you install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions ?

With a Gigabyte 100 series motherboard there is little prospect of it working unless you can emulate native NVRAM.

Nothing there that would stop it from working.

How is it connected to the monitor ?
Did you install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions ?

With a Gigabyte 100 series motherboard there is little prospect of it working unless you can emulate native NVRAM.

HDMI.

I used the kextbeast tool to install those - perhaps I don't have them properly installed?

HDMI.

I used the kextbeast tool to install those - perhaps I don't have them properly installed?

Check your monitor settings, if it is set to HDMI 2.0 it may exhibit the symptoms that you are experiencing.
HDMI 2.0 is not supported.

RTFM - Check your monitor manual, it should be a menu setting.
Oh my god you are not going to believe this...

The graphics card has 3 hdmi ports. Change the ports from all the way to the right to all the way to the left worked. I feel like such a friggin dork.

Oh my god you are not going to believe this...

The graphics card has 3 hdmi ports. Change the ports from all the way to the right to all the way to the left worked. I feel like such a friggin dork.
That was the next thing on the list - Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back