Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] El Capitan with 2560x1440 by HDMI (Ga-H97-D3H / HD4400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked great for me as well!

Last edited:
i have i7 with HD4000.

did the mac-pixel-clock-patch.

now i have full resolution but a crazy destroied picture.

any ideas ????

thanks a lot

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 251
Thanks a lot, that's just what I was looking for! :thumbup:

Will this work with Intel HD 530 graphics too? Would love to get a 1440p monitor to work via HDMI through my current mobo and not have to add a graphics card!

Will this work with Intel HD 530 graphics too? Would love to get a 1440p monitor to work via HDMI through my current mobo and not have to add a graphics card!

same question here and lastly what patch will i run if i only use onboard graphics card? thanks guys

same question here and lastly what patch will i run if i only use onboard graphics card? thanks guys

I can confirm that it works for HD 530 graphics. I have a 6700K, with an LG 29UM69-P over HDMI. I downloaded the version 2 patch. I didn't touch SIP. It says to disable it for the install. I could not boot into my recovery partition so I just decided to run it. I just clicked the CoreDisplay-patcher.command file and it opened in terminal. Said I wanted to continue, and the process ran and told me when it was completed. Restarted and boom! I had to go into system preferences to choose the resolution after but that's a given. At first it kept asking me if I wanted to continue. If that happens, just close terminal and run the command again. No big deal. So happy this works! Especially because I didn't even think to see if this monitor would work with my hack.

[SOLVED] El Capitan with 2560x1440 by HDMI (Ga-H97m-D3H / HD4400)

Recently I managed to fix the 1440p graphics using HDMI with El Capitain.

Yosemite has the same problem, so this solution probably could be used too. (maybe it works to 4k too, *not tested)

I'm using a mobo Ga-H97m-D3H and an i3-4170 / HD4400

Did two things:

1. run mac-pixel-clock-patch

https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch

2. Patched AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext according this method. I used Kext Utility to inject the patched kext.

https://jonathansblog.co.uk/lg-34um95-osx-yosemite-resolution-bug

(I'm not sure if step two is really necessary. I did it first. After a reboot nothing happened. Then applied the mac pixel patch, did a new reboot and find 2560x1440 resolution in pref panel > Displays! \o/

UPDATE:

a. I'm almost convinced step 2 isn't really necessary.
b. Just did an automatic updated to 10.11.1. After reboot the screen resolution was lowered :( . Then I run the latest version of mac-pixel-clock-patch, did a new reboot and the find again 2560x1440 resolution in pref panel > Displays!
Yep, it worked for my Skylake (HD530) and a 2560x1080 LG monitor.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back