Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1080TI
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

Intro:

I would like to first say, well done for the brilliant work youve been doing.

I have an issue with my Hackintosh, i decided to upgrade and looked at people that have a similar mobo as me, who also upgraded and they seem to have it all working.

Issue:
in this mobo, there are two renesas usb 3 and one Intel. The front USB 3 works by default. The back usb hubs (renesas) all not working.

Possible solutions I tried:
Thanks to rehab man, i have installed os-x-fake-pci-id (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads)
It got my back usb 3 working but recognised as a USB 2.0

I don't particularly know how to patch my DSDT(getting compiler error) so instead i patched the IOUSBFamily kext. I changed XHC1 to XHC
EHC01 to EH01
EHC02 to EH02

These changes, alongside GenericUSBXHCI.kext only got one of the back Renesas hubs working and the other one stayed the same.

At some point it did recognise two usb 3 hubs but one disappeared suddenly.

Im losing my mind!! please help!!

Thank you in advance

build:
Z87x-d3h F9 bios
I7-4770k
250GB SSD
Nvidia GTX 780
El Capitan 10.4
NOTE: Ive installed a fresh copy of El Capitan!!
This is the ioreg with RehabMan-FakePCIID-2015-1101 kexts installed only.

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 21.26.46.png

This has been solved!!

I managed to solve it, I'm going to post a guide on how I've done it.

Sorry guys, got a little busy finalising my hackintosh.

In short, the usb problem is a simple one.

There are 8 usb 3s, each one usb 3 counts as two. One usb 3 and one Usb 2. Hence we already have 16.

To fix this, I looked at my DSDT and noted down all the usbs that have the connector 0x3, this means that they're usb3's.
I made a kext in which i inject those usb 3 connectors that i noted down. to get around the usb limit of 15 ports, i used rehabman's FAKEPCIID kexts which redirects the usb 2s from the usb3 ports.

Done!!

It didn't even have an issue with the fact i have reneses. so i will attach the kexts here. but I'm going to make a full guide because some people may have some settings different.

All you have to do is have an untouched DSDT and install the kexts i upload.
THIS IS FOR Z87X-D3H, other boards may need a different injector.
Also make sure you use iMac 12.2 smbios!!!

This problem annoyed me so much, I'm offering help to whoever wants, if you want to Skype and share screen for me to see what your issue is. I'm willing to do it.

Attachments

• USB Fix.zip
    31 KB · Views: 269
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 23.01.29.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 23.01.29.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 399
Thank you!!!!! Worked like a charm! Now if I could just find a fix for the problem with kernel panics occurring on sleep for this mb my system would be perfect!

Thank you!!!!! Worked like a charm! Now if I could just find a fix for the problem with kernel panics occurring on sleep for this mb my system would be perfect!
Dude you shouldnt get any panics with this board.
Whats your bios firmware ?

Whats your system info. Please update the system info so everybody can see it

Dude you shouldnt get any panics with this board.
Whats your bios firmware ?

Whats your system info. Please update the system info so everybody can see it

bios firmware is up to date. There are a few threads discussing the issue of kernel panics during sleep for gigabyte boards (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/memory-corrupted-after-longer-sleep.148289/ ). It is unpredictable but when the computer sleeps I will often wake it to find there has been a kernel panic and it has restarted. Cannot find a solution

what do you mean by system info? This?

Model Name:iMac

Model Identifier:iMac14,2

Processor Name:Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:4 GHz

Number of Processors:1

Total Number of Cores:4

L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB

L3 Cache:8 MB

Memory:32 GB

Bus Speed:400 MHz

Boot ROM Version:IM142.0118.B00

SMC Version (system):2.15f2

which i7 cpu do you have ?

I assume its your power management. Its your cpu

I have the 4790K processor. I fixed the power management so it appears to be working well. From what I have read on other threads my problem is not uncommon.......computer goes to sleep and will have intermittent kernel panics. Sometimes I went days without one, sometimes every time it slept it would have one. Now I just leave it awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back