Contribute
Register

[Solved] El Capitan USB 3 on Z87x-d3h

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 4790K processor. I fixed the power management so it appears to be working well. From what I have read on other threads my problem is not uncommon.......computer goes to sleep and will have intermittent kernel panics. Sometimes I went days without one, sometimes every time it slept it would have one. Now I just leave it awake.
Are you sure youre running the latest bios ? Check if its version f9. I used to have issue before that

I thought you had the z87x. From my exerience, its a bios issue. Do some more digging.

Good luck

Sorry guys, got a little busy finalising my hackintosh.

In short, the usb problem is a simple one.

There are 8 usb 3s, each one usb 3 counts as two. One usb 3 and one Usb 2. Hence we already have 16.

To fix this, I looked at my DSDT and noted down all the usbs that have the connector 0x3, this means that they're usb3's.
I made a kext in which i inject those usb 3 connectors that i noted down. to get around the usb limit of 15 ports, i used rehabman's FAKEPCIID kexts which redirects the usb 2s from the usb3 ports.

Done!!

It didn't even have an issue with the fact i have reneses. so i will attach the kexts here. but I'm going to make a full guide because some people may have some settings different.

All you have to do is have an untouched DSDT and install the kexts i upload.
THIS IS FOR Z87X-D3H, other boards may need a different injector.
Also make sure you use iMac 12.2 smbios!!!

This problem annoyed me so much, I'm offering help to whoever wants, if you want to Skype and share screen for me to see what your issue is. I'm willing to do it.
I need help with my z87x-d3h. I have same problem with usb3 ports... how can I install your kexts? Im noob...

I need help with my z87x-d3h. I have same problem with usb3 ports... how can I install your kexts? Im noob...
go to downloads and install kextbeast.

Put the kexts on the desktop and follow the kextbeast instructions.

good luck!

Sorry guys, got a little busy finalising my hackintosh.

In short, the usb problem is a simple one.

There are 8 usb 3s, each one usb 3 counts as two. One usb 3 and one Usb 2. Hence we already have 16.

To fix this, I looked at my DSDT and noted down all the usbs that have the connector 0x3, this means that they're usb3's.
I made a kext in which i inject those usb 3 connectors that i noted down. to get around the usb limit of 15 ports, i used rehabman's FAKEPCIID kexts which redirects the usb 2s from the usb3 ports.

Done!!

It didn't even have an issue with the fact i have reneses. so i will attach the kexts here. but I'm going to make a full guide because some people may have some settings different.

All you have to do is have an untouched DSDT and install the kexts i upload.
THIS IS FOR Z87X-D3H, other boards may need a different injector.
Also make sure you use iMac 12.2 smbios!!!

This problem annoyed me so much, I'm offering help to whoever wants, if you want to Skype and share screen for me to see what your issue is. I'm willing to do it.

Hi @fadis96 ,
this works really well, thank you!! Did you also find a way making the usb3 ports at the front panel work?
Thanks!

@vinnni, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back