Contribute
Register

[Solved] El Capitan sleep/wake problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all

My spec b4:
CPU - i5 4460s
Mobo - ga-b85m-ds3h-a
GPU - iGPU HD 4600

After i added a gtx 750ti and then install cuda and web driver, graphic works properly but the sleep issue occured
monitor goes sleep but the PSU and fans still on, mouse and kb won't wake it up and i need to press the reset button to restart the system

i try to google and search this forum but i can't find the answer, is it a known issue that can be fixed?

Sorry for my bad english

Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Here u are, thanks

Attachments

• hung2k's iMac.ioreg
    7.1 MB · Views: 145
Here u are, thanks

X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded neither is AppleLPC. IGPU is coming under GFX0 should be showing under IGPU. ACPI isn't patched.

then my monitor gets no signal and I have no other option than force power off (pressing power button for 5 secs)....anybody else have this problem?

I had the same trouble. The issue was in built-in VGA enabled, while I'm using Nvidia GFX. It was finding the VGA card first and woke up the screen on it. Just have a test and switch your monitor to VGA after wake.

Hey Violet Dragon, can you have a look at my ioreg? I've got everything working great except wake/sleep (no waking with keyboard input, but sometimes front power button will wake the system) and loss of audio over firewire / internal audio after deep sleep.

I think I was pretty clean setting this up. Hopefully no unnecessary patches or anything floating around in there, but I'll defer to your input.

Sleep isn't a deal breaker for me but would be super nice. If I can get that working it's only iMessage I have to tackle then.

Added my CLOVER folder w/o themes as well.

Cheers!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
  • Brian’s iMac.zip
    800.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hey Violet Dragon, can you have a look at my ioreg? I've got everything working great except wake/sleep (no waking with keyboard input, but sometimes front power button will wake the system) and loss of audio over firewire / internal audio after deep sleep.

I think I was pretty clean setting this up. Hopefully no unnecessary patches or anything floating around in there, but I'll defer to your input.

Sleep isn't a deal breaker for me but would be super nice. If I can get that working it's only iMessage I have to tackle then.

Added my CLOVER folder w/o themes as well.

Cheers!

LPC isn't loaded because you haven't patched ACPI. Use patches from Series 100 on Github. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

LPC isn't loaded because you haven't patched ACPI. Use patches from Series 100 on Github. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-100-Patches

I Installed all the patches, and modifications to the clover config.plist as needed, confirmed LPC is loaded in IOReg, and now when putting the computer to sleep it correctly enters full deep sleep, but then immediately powers back on and I get no video signal forcing a power down and power on to boot again.

Ideas?

Cheers!

Not sure what's up, playing around some more the machine enters deep sleep then just powers back up immediately. Then I have to push the power button to bring it back out of sleep (don't have to do a full reboot) Onboard audio works, Thunderbolt/Firewire is detected but no audio will play over my Firewire audio interface. I'm beginning to think it's a lost cause :(

I read some time ago that this problem doesnt happen on hackintosh with an external GPU like an NVIDIA?

Can someone confirm? If I install an NVIDIA card this issue (wake up) will resolve?

I read some time ago that this problem doesnt happen on hackintosh with an external GPU like an NVIDIA?

Can someone confirm? If I install an NVIDIA card this issue (wake up) will resolve?

Look at my profile I have a Nvidia 980ti. I think the problem lies more in I always have a FW device plugged in (TB3-TB2-FW-800-FW400) OR it's my USB 3 Drive I have attached. I think there is a power draw issue maybe. One of these days I'll disconnect the external devices and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back