Contribute
Register

[Solved] El Capitan sleep/wake problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you, who says monitor does not wake up; try to pass in darkwake=1 parameter to the kernel. It fixed this issue for me.

For those of you, who says monitor does not wake up; try to pass in darkwake=1 parameter to the kernel. It fixed this issue for me.

Sorry, when you say "pass in to kernel", where exactly do you mean to add the 'darkwake' flag? In Clover? Or somewhere else?

For my issue, when I sleep the machine it sometimes sleeps or sometimes hangs on a black screen, and when it wakes it either hangs on black screen with all system fans going 100% loud or crashes and reboots.....

Sorry, when you say "pass in to kernel", where exactly do you mean to add the 'darkwake' flag? In Clover? Or somewhere else?

For my issue, when I sleep the machine it sometimes sleeps or sometimes hangs on a black screen, and when it wakes it either hangs on black screen with all system fans going 100% loud or crashes and reboots.....

I found that option in Clover. Doesn't work for me. I went through all the darkwake choice, none seems to work for me.

Same problem for me (instant wake from sleep with frozen screen) in Sierra 10.12.1.

I tried changing in config.plist XMPDetection to true, with no success. Setting in config.plist "Darkwake = 8" allows to the screen to display in a frozen state after the wake, with no control of the keyboard or mouse. Only pressing the power button for a long time allows the system to shutdown.

If anyone in this thread has been able to fix this issue, please let us know. Thank you.

Same problem for me (instant wake from sleep with frozen screen) in Sierra 10.12.1.

I tried changing in config.plist XMPDetection to true, with no success. Setting in config.plist "Darkwake = 8" allows to the screen to display in a frozen state after the wake, with no control of the keyboard or mouse. Only pressing the power button for a long time allows the system to shutdown.

If anyone in this thread has been able to fix this issue, please let us know. Thank you.
I'm having the same problem

Hi @VoiletDragon, thanks so much for your response. Attached is a copy of my IOREG.

Can you take a look at it and let me know what is wrong with my setup & what I should do to fix this "instant wake from sleep" issue I have?

I've tried many things and different ways to try to get my "sleep" function to work for the past 2 weeks & I'm at a loss. I use Nvidia Alternate Graphics Drivers for my GTX 970 SSC ACX2.0+.

Right now, I don't touch the SSDT in this current test config (since I read others didn't need to generate correct SSDT to get the sleep to work properly). Attached is my config.plist too.
My BIOS settings is similar to the recommended ones by Tonymac with the addition of IOAPIC Entries (Disabled) / Wake on LAN (Disabled) / Storage Boot Option Control (UEFI Only - Tried Legacy and it didn't make a difference).

I was able to get rid of instant wake from sleep using PikerAlpha's ssdtgenPR.sh & get correct SSDT by patching with GPRW,2,N to XPRW patch. But I never was able to get my screen to work on wake (the display would always be frozen with no control on keyboard or mouse & need to push power button to reboot). It would always display a "wifi" icon half-way loaded also.

Here is my Hack configuration:
- OS X Sierra 10.12.1 (shows 16B2659 built from 16B2657 on my original Apple Mac)
- MotherBoard (GA-Z170X-Gaming 7)
- CPU (i7-6700K 4GHz)
- Graphics Card (GTX 970 SSC ACX2.0+ 4GB)
- RAM (32GB Crucial Ballistic DDR4 2400MHz)
- SSD drive (Samsung 850 EVO 1TB for Sierra) + M.2 drive (Micron M600 128GB for Windows 10 via SATA)
- LG GH24NSC0B 24x Internal DVD Rewritable SATA Drive
- H100i v2 Cooler fan + Thermaltake Fans + Corsair 450D Case + Corsair ATX760 for Power Supply.
- Wifi (TP Link TL-WND-4800)
- HP 27 inch ZR2740w via DVI display

Attachments

• KDL18_iMac.ioreg.zip
    607.4 KB · Views: 132
  • KDL18_config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 284
Hi @VoiletDragon, thanks so much for your response. Attached is a copy of my IOREG.

Can you take a look at it and let me know what is wrong with my setup & what I should do to fix this "instant wake from sleep" issue I have?

I've tried many things and different ways to try to get my "sleep" function to work for the past 2 weeks & I'm at a loss. I use Nvidia Alternate Graphics Drivers for my GTX 970 SSC ACX2.0+.

Right now, I don't touch the SSDT in this current test config (since I read others didn't need to generate correct SSDT to get the sleep to work properly). Attached is my config.plist too.
My BIOS settings is similar to the recommended ones by Tonymac with the addition of IOAPIC Entries (Disabled) / Wake on LAN (Disabled) / Storage Boot Option Control (UEFI Only - Tried Legacy and it didn't make a difference).

I was able to get rid of instant wake from sleep using PikerAlpha's ssdtgenPR.sh & get correct SSDT by patching with GPRW,2,N to XPRW patch. But I never was able to get my screen to work on wake (the display would always be frozen with no control on keyboard or mouse & need to push power button to reboot). It would always display a "wifi" icon half-way loaded also.

Here is my Hack configuration:
- OS X Sierra 10.12.1 (shows 16B2659 built from 16B2657 on my original Apple Mac)
- MotherBoard (GA-Z170X-Gaming 7)
- CPU (i7-6700K 4GHz)
- Graphics Card (GTX 970 SSC ACX2.0+ 4GB)
- RAM (32GB Crucial Ballistic DDR4 2400MHz)
- SSD drive (Samsung 850 EVO 1TB for Sierra) + M.2 drive (Micron M600 128GB for Windows 10 via SATA)
- LG GH24NSC0B 24x Internal DVD Rewritable SATA Drive
- H100i v2 Cooler fan + Thermaltake Fans + Corsair 450D Case + Corsair ATX760 for Power Supply.
- Wifi (TP Link TL-WND-4800)
- HP 27 inch ZR2740w via DVI display

Native Powermanagement isn't implemented. Instant Wake can be fixed my disabling XWAK. Take a look at my acpi_dsdt_patches config on Series 9 repo on my fork. USB is kinda messy will need to customise a SSDT-UIAC for ports that you actually need to stay within the 15 port restriction. XHC will most likely need to be patched yet again will need to look at my XHC SSDT as an example. SATA needs patching coming under SAT0. SMBUS needs patching can probally use SMBUS SSDT from my fork. Cant tell anymore without a linux dump. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-9-Patches

Native Powermanagement isn't implemented. Instant Wake can be fixed my disabling XWAK. Take a look at my acpi_dsdt_patches config on Series 9 repo on my fork. USB is kinda messy will need to customise a SSDT-UIAC for ports that you actually need to stay within the 15 port restriction. XHC will most likely need to be patched yet again will need to look at my XHC SSDT as an example. SATA needs patching coming under SAT0. SMBUS needs patching can probally use SMBUS SSDT from my fork. Cant tell anymore without a linux dump. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Series-9-Patches

Thanks so much @VoiletDragon for all your suggestions. I'm going to try them by implementing Native Power Mgmt again which indeed isn't there in my current IOREG. I'm assuming I have to change SMBIOS to iMac17,1 accordingly. And I will for sure use your patches (I followed JMacIV's procedure (whom you helped) in the past but failed to get the wake from sleep to work though I was able to get rid of instant wake as you said by implementing native power mgmt). I may have to come back to you after I test your suggestions, as I'm a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back