Contribute
Register

[solved] El Capitan PS/2 Keyboard and VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-A GAMING (BIOS 2701)
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So my hackintosh is runnning 10.11.1, booted from clover, and I am trying to get my ps/2 keyboard to work. I followed the posted instructions for RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller by installing the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, adding the org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons, and VoodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin, but the keyboard doesn't work. It functions in both Windows, Linux, and Clover. I then installed the debug version and the VoodooPS2Daemon.log reads

Code:
[COLOR=#232323][FONT=Arial]Wed Dec  2 17:26:34 2015: VoodooPS2Daemon 1.8.19 starting...[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#232323][FONT=Arial]No ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad or ApplePS2Mouse found[/FONT][/COLOR]

My PS/2 keyboard is plugged in but it doesn't seem to detect it. The VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext is also contained within the installed VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Is there another log I could check or anything I can do to fix this?

El Capitan PS/2 Keyboard and VoodooPS2Controller.kext

So my hackintosh is runnning 10.11.1, booted from clover, and I am trying to get my ps/2 keyboard to work. I followed the posted instructions for RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller by installing the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, adding the org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons, and VoodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin, but the keyboard doesn't work. It functions in both Windows, Linux, and Clover. I then installed the debug version and the VoodooPS2Daemon.log reads

Code:
[COLOR=#232323][FONT=Arial]Wed Dec  2 17:26:34 2015: VoodooPS2Daemon 1.8.19 starting...[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#232323][FONT=Arial]No ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad or ApplePS2Mouse found[/FONT][/COLOR]

My PS/2 keyboard is plugged in but it doesn't seem to detect it. The VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext is also contained within the installed VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Is there another log I could check or anything I can do to fix this?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here you go.

Attachments

• Winthryth’s iMac.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 508

Here you go.

It does not appear there is any PS2 port enabled.

And I don't see a PS2 port listed for your motherboard.

So I removed my dsdt.aml from clover, and now it works. However this is weird because I know for a fact that the dsdt.aml is from my current mobo since I copied it from my linux install myself.

So I removed my dsdt.aml from clover, and now it works. However this is weird because I know for a fact that the dsdt.aml is from my current mobo since I copied it from my linux install myself.

Any BIOS change can change native DSDT. If you're curious about the problem, extract current DSDT (F4 at Clover, check ACPI/origin on EFI partition), and compare to the other one.

Pulled new DSDT file and keyboard still works. I didn't think about it but I updated my BIOS about 2 weeks ago and never even thought about pulling new DSST file. Thanks for all the help.

Pulled new DSDT file and keyboard still works. I didn't think about it but I updated my BIOS about 2 weeks ago and never even thought about pulling new DSST file. Thanks for all the help.

Marked [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back