Asus N53SV
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I updated El Capitan to 10.11.4 and Xcode to its newest version yesterday evening. However this morning when booting my laptop, clover couldn't find OS X partition. I restarted couple of times but the same problem persisted. I tried to reinstall over my current installation with with USB installer but I couldn't find the OS X partition... I'm having troubles to believe that the update could have done something like this to my system as I was able to boot in to OS X after I updated it to 10.11.4. But this morning for some odd reason I were unable to find the partition in clover... The last thing I did on my system was just to install patched AppleHDA... I did not touch EFI partition nor install anything else.

Any glue what is going on? I really wouldn't like to reinstall everything all over again...

El Capitan partition suddenly missing

Hello!

I updated El Capitan to 10.11.4 and Xcode to its newest version yesterday evening. However this morning when booting my laptop, clover couldn't find OS X partition. I restarted couple of times but the same problem persisted. I tried to reinstall over my current installation with with USB installer but I couldn't find the OS X partition... I'm having troubles to believe that the update could have done something like this to my system as I was able to boot in to OS X after I updated it to 10.11.4. But this morning for some odd reason I were unable to find the partition in clover... The last thing I did on my system was just to install patched AppleHDA... I did not touch EFI partition nor install anything else.

Any glue what is going on? I really wouldn't like to reinstall everything all over again...

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Also, check in Disk Utility to see if the volume needs to be repaired.

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Also, check in Disk Utility to see if the volume needs to be repaired.

oh god, I'm so stupid. When I ran the first aid first this morning I only selected the disk where I have os x installed instead of the El Capitan partition... :crazy:

Solved..

oh god, I'm so stupid. When I ran the first aid first this morning I only selected the disk where I have os x installed instead of the El Capitan partition... :crazy:

Solved..

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back