Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 6600k
Mobo: Asus z170 Pro gaming ATX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4
GPU: XFX R9 390 (non "X" version)
Storage: Samsung 850 pro 2TB

Problem: I downloaded Unibeast 6.2.0 and OS X 10.11.5 on my iMac EMC 2639 and used a hyper x USB 3.0 drive. I ran Unibeast using UEFI and ATI graphics injector. I then put the USB drive into the front panel USB 2.0 port of my case. I left everything as default and at the clover boot screen, i selected Boot Mac OS X from USB. After that, a white apple logo will appear with a black background along with a progress bar but there never appears to be any progress going in the bar. I left it sit on that screen for about 5 hours but nothing every happened. I haven't tried any boot flags in the clover loader but those are most for nvidia cards right? Please help by leaving your suggestions and success/fail stories down below!

i'm probably too late but did you disable your serial port? i have almost the same hardware and i have it up and running.

Honestly I gave up on it a couple months ago. Just got busy with some other things. I'm rather new to tinkering with bios settings but i'll give that a shot sometime soon. I would love to have your feed back though, and it is never too late!

UniBeast 6.2.0 gave me problems, but UniBeast 6.1 worked fine. (Built on an iMAC).

UniBeast 6.2.0 gave me problems, but UniBeast 6.1 worked fine. (Built on an iMAC).
Is there anyway to download Unibeast version 6.1? I only have v6.2

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 6600k
Mobo: Asus z170 Pro gaming ATX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4
GPU: XFX R9 390 (non "X" version)
Storage: Samsung 850 pro 2TB

Problem: I downloaded Unibeast 6.2.0 and OS X 10.11.5 on my iMac EMC 2639 and used a hyper x USB 3.0 drive. I ran Unibeast using UEFI and ATI graphics injector. I then put the USB drive into the front panel USB 2.0 port of my case. I left everything as default and at the clover boot screen, i selected Boot Mac OS X from USB. After that, a white apple logo will appear with a black background along with a progress bar but there never appears to be any progress going in the bar. I left it sit on that screen for about 5 hours but nothing every happened. I haven't tried any boot flags in the clover loader but those are most for nvidia cards right? Please help by leaving your suggestions and success/fail stories down below!

did you ever get the xfx r9 390 to work?

Unfortunately no, however I haven't really worked on it in a while. I have since bought a MBP 2016 15inch that suits my Apple needs... for now. I'm hoping either Vega works with OS X or the nvidia 10 series will get support.

Update:
I decided to give hackintosh another go. After digging through settings and bashing my head into my keyboard a few times I was able to get macOS Sierra booted and installed. As it turns out, I didn't have XHCI Handoff set to 'Enabled'. Once I changed that setting I was able to bootup and install just fine.

I am however having issues getting my XFX r9 390(non x) to play nice with macOS. I am able to use it to run a display but that is about it. It is only showing up with 7MB (out of its 8192MB) of vram. This is causing issues like only using one monitor out of three. (When I plug in the other two, one display mirrors the first and the second doesn't turn on at all.) I'm also assuming that 3d acceleration is not working because I have a non-transparent dock and graphical annotations are overall sluggish. (such as mission control and launchpad especially.)

PS - I may post I new thread regarding the later issues. If so, I will link to it in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back