Contribute
Register

[Solved] El Capitan detects wrong amount of total RAM and RAM slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I hope you don't mind this post. I tried to PM you but you have your private message turned off. So just going to go ahead and copy the PM I tried to send.

Hey dimosgmx,

I hope you don't mind the random PM. I am currently working on putting together a hackintosh based on the SR-2 board and am having some trouble but see that you've got it working all the way up to el capitan.

I had my sights on getting it to work with Yosemite but am wondering if your el capitan install has been stable?

I am looking for help configuring my machine to run either Yosemite or El Capitan. Happy to even offer some compensation for consulting time.

Currently I have Yosemite installed but am getting missing RAM slot errors then it randomly freezes.

My stats are as follows:
EVGA SR-2
2 x Xeon x5680
48GB Mushkin Blackline 2133
AMD Asus Strix 390x 8gb

and I have an OOB working wireless card and firewire.

Thanks for your time,
Kevin

I have DDR4 3200MHz. I ser that clover only goes up to 2600MHz. Does it make a difference?
When I don't define the RAM manually, the correct speed is found but only half of the RAM is listed.

Solved. Used clover to define each module manually. RAM is now at the correct speed and size.

I have found an other way who has worked for me !

Very easy to reach : just update Clover, with Clover Configurator. Just go in Clover Configurator and check the current version. Last version is 3526.

It works perfectly and now when I remove or add one memory module it's detected automatically.
The right speed is ok. I have increase the memory speed in Bios and the update is done correctly in About this Mac.

Hope it will work for you :)

I
Hey I hope you don't mind this post. I tried to PM you but you have your private message turned off. So just going to go ahead and copy the PM I tried to send.

Hey dimosgmx,

I hope you don't mind the random PM. I am currently working on putting together a hackintosh based on the SR-2 board and am having some trouble but see that you've got it working all the way up to el capitan.

I had my sights on getting it to work with Yosemite but am wondering if your el capitan install has been stable?

I am looking for help configuring my machine to run either Yosemite or El Capitan. Happy to even offer some compensation for consulting time.

Currently I have Yosemite installed but am getting missing RAM slot errors then it randomly freezes.

My stats are as follows:
EVGA SR-2
2 x Xeon x5680
48GB Mushkin Blackline 2133
AMD Asus Strix 390x 8gb

and I have an OOB working wireless card and firewire.

Thanks for your time,
Kevin[/QUOTEI
Hello! I have issues with firewire. Which model work for your sr2? We can talk about sr2 in private? Thanks in advance!

Hi dimosgmx,

I am using SR-2 with 2x 5650 @2.15GHz, 48GB, (Mac Pro 5,1) and just upgraded to Yosemite (not yet Ei Capitan), i wondering is that working properly without DSDT ? What about your performance score ? (geekbench)

My system also report the wrong memory slot. (44GB instead of 48GB)

It working very stable with Mavericks including Sleep/Wake, but never Sleep after upgraded to Yosemite.

Hi! Can you explain how to get sleep/wake system? Any other tips? Thanks in advance!

Did you guys ever figure things out? I just bought a Z800 with 48GB of RAM and dual x5675's.

you have to populate EVERY SINGLE field in SMBIOS part -> memory windows of Clover configurator.

View attachment 182363

if you leave even 1 field blank, it won't work.
Re Azimuth1 “you have to populate EVERY SINGLE field in SMBIOS part”.
I know I am very literal, but… what do you do if you do not *have* four DIMMs? (I have 2), please?
Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back