Contribute
Register

[Solved] El Capitan boots then shuts down after 3 seconds of being on the home screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Not 100% as to why this is happening... Booted in to my windows side after being on the mac side for MONTHS.... Did a bunch of updates, wondering if thats the issue?

Please help!

Also, not 100% on how to upload any logs or other info, so please help me with that too... Getting frustrated....

Did you find a solution? I am curious because I have the exact same problem. I have installed EL Capitan 10.11.6 , and interestingly everything works, my system can boot and open the home screen (desktop) after 3 to 10 seconds, the system reboots itself.

Did you find a solution? I am curious because I have the exact same problem. I have installed EL Capitan 10.11.6 , and interestingly everything works, my system can boot and open the home screen (desktop) after 3 to 10 seconds, the system reboots itself.
Unfortunately no. I ended up using Storks directions after backing up my files and did a fresh install. Couldn't figure out the issues otherwise...

Unfortunately no. I ended up using Storks directions after backing up my files and did a fresh install. Couldn't figure out the issues otherwise...

As far as I understand that you have a fully operational hacintosh now? Could you help me with that, which directions have you followed so far?

Kind Regards,

As far as I understand that you have a fully operational hacintosh now? Could you help me with that, which directions have you followed so far?

Kind Regards,

I used this set of instructions as I have the same build minus a GPU:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...og-maximus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-980.250824/

I followed the directions exactly, the computer booted up without issue after that.

Before I started though, the tricky part was formatting the hard drive to empty out the EFI partition. Once I got it to truly wipe, the fresh install with those directions allowed my computer to resume full functionality while being able to still dual boot with Windows 10

Thank you very much, I will check them right away.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back