CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything is working in El Capitan except App Store. I am able to login and managed to install Pages, Numbers and Keynote. After restart my App Store shows 3 updates. The update completes and does not show any errors, but after restart App Store shows updates again... Repeated this about 3 times with no luck. Same thing happens with HP print utility... See attached screenshot

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 08.40.08.png

Also tried to install Xcode and the download completes but there is no app in my launchpad or /Application directory. iCloud, iMessage and Facetime is working.

What am I doing wrong?

El Capitan App Store

I have the same with Thunderbolt update. I do not instal it two times, I wait what will happen later.
It sometimes happened on my original Mac mini with Yosemite.

El Capitan App Store

That a new one. I don't have any real solution, just a couple things you might try:

If you run "ifconfig" from terminal, can you identify your "en0" device and see if it's configured? For instance, even if you're using wireless only if en0 is an Ethernet device then make sure you have a driver installed for it. I know there can be app store problems if en0 is not configured.

There are a couple plist files you can remove to reset things: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/answers/how_to_identify_and_fix_problems_with_the_mac_app_store

If you're still stuck, then if you run iMessageDebug v2 from the http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html thread, do you get a reasonable looking SerialNumber and System-ID? (e.g. not empty or mostly zeroes or 12345 or etc.)

El Capitan App Store

I have found the solution to my problem... Although I have no idea what the cause for something like this would be...

I have 2 internal SATA Hard Drives. OS X is currently installed on 1 of my hd's and the other is a NTFS formatted drive with a complete backup of my previous OS X installation (Mavericks) copied using Tuxura NTFS.

My install.log showed that App Store was trying to install to the wrong hd (which I don't really understand) and failed because it cannot write to a NTFS without Tuxura installed. I removed the hd and everything was working 100%.

Hope this helps as it not really a solution to why App Store was writing to the wrong hd in the first place.

i have the same problem but dont have internal hdd or any external attached.
i cant update to 11.11.4 it downloads everything and it restarts but it doesnt instal the updates thay just stay in app store again and again i traid 3 times already with instal and restart but it doesnt work?

anybody knows whats going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back