Motherboard
ASUS Z-170-K
CPU
i5-6650
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys, i need your help. I recently installed OSX Mojave on my Lenovo Yoga 730. After a few days, i decided to install Windows too. So i partitioned my drive and Installed Windows using an UEFI Installer. After the installation of Windows, when i try to boot my device, i directly boot to WIndows, no CLover visible. After searching the site, i found a possible solution, which says that i should rename the file /EFI/MICROSOFT/BOOT/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orgi.efi. AFter doing so i was able to boot in Clover, but this time there was no Windows boot option in Clover. So i tried to copy the BOOTX64-win.efi into /EFI/BOOT and this time i got the Clover entry "Boot Microsoft EFI boot". When i press the entry i get the blue windows screen, which says that Windws is broken.
So my question is, what do i have to do, to boot WIndows and OSX via CLover?

Hey guys, i need your help. I recently installed OSX Mojave on my Lenovo Yoga 730. After a few days, i decided to install Windows too. So i partitioned my drive and Installed Windows using an UEFI Installer. After the installation of Windows, when i try to boot my device, i directly boot to WIndows, no CLover visible. After searching the site, i found a possible solution, which says that i should rename the file /EFI/MICROSOFT/BOOT/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orgi.efi. AFter doing so i was able to boot in Clover, but this time there was no Windows boot option in Clover. So i tried to copy the BOOTX64-win.efi into /EFI/BOOT and this time i got the Clover entry "Boot Microsoft EFI boot". When i press the entry i get the blue windows screen, which says that Windws is broken.
So my question is, what do i have to do, to boot WIndows and OSX via CLover?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/#post-917904

Thanks, but as i mentioned, i already tried that option and it recovers Clover, but in Clover i cant boot WIndows
use the linux approach mentioned

Thanks, but as i mentioned, i already tried that option and it recovers Clover, but in Clover i cant boot WIndows

As per guide, you should not be renaming...
You should use efibootmgr in Linux.

Note: Renaming works, but you must do it exactly as described (from your description, you used the wrong file name... 'bootmgfw-orgi.efi' is not correct), and you would need to repeat after each Windows update.

use the linux approach mentioned
So i booted UBUNTU and entered
Code:
sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"
but after rebooting nothing changed

So i booted UBUNTU and entered
Code:
sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"
but after rebooting nothing changed

Must read the entire section regarding efibootmgr. Carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back