CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got Lion running sweet now but just need to sort dual screen, I've found the problem and it was when I installed QE_CI_Exotic patch 10.7.1 before that I had dual screen. I can't seem to find a solution does anyone know of one.

The card is an ATI 4890

can i ask how do you solved this?

im having the same problem... was working good in snow leopard 10.6.8 but now on lion 10.7.1 with QE_CI_Exotic patch 10.7.1 i have the same image in 2 monitors...

i have a radeon 4850

xpertvision said:
can i ask how do you solved this?

im having the same problem... was working good in snow leopard 10.6.8 but now on lion 10.7.1 with QE_CI_Exotic patch 10.7.1 i have the same image in 2 monitors...

i have a radeon 4850

I apologise for not responding sooner.
I genuinly cant remember exactly how I did it. I think it was a stroke of luck. I used the exoctic patch for Ati cards. If I used PCIrootUID=1 in the 'com.apple.boot.plist' it disabled my second monitor. Some people used this to enable the App store though.

Heres the exoctic patches + a new updated version for 10.7.2.
Im trying to think whether I needed to use it or by default I had dual screen in 10.7.2. I think I installed the second one and all was fine. Im pretty sure I clicked the options in Multibeats to install the relevant ATI files and then patch with Exotic.

Just seen theres an update for it:
Code:
http://rghost.net/25837401

I used this one:
Code:
http://www.multiupload.com/ZR1YO9DKXY

hey im having the same problem on 10.6.8. it has to be my .kext becasue i get dual monitors while im in bootloader. I updated my exotic patch to 10.6.8 to get flash videos working, from what I understand that should have fixed it. how did you get your 4890 working on 10.6.8?

"Holy thread revival Satch"

Babelfish42 said:
hey im having the same problem on 10.6.8. it has to be my .kext becasue i get dual monitors while im in bootloader. I updated my exotic patch to 10.6.8 to get flash videos working, from what I understand that should have fixed it. how did you get your 4890 working on 10.6.8?

I think I eventually went to Lion. After a few updates everything worked without a problem - The App store and dual monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back