i7-6700K OC @ 4.5GHz
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I know the PCI Configuration Begin hang has been discussed a lot but my board just won't accept any of the fixes offered by MultiBeast – neither for 10.6.8 nor for 10.7.

I remember having read a thread of a guy who figured out a few DSDT edits for my very board specifically to solve that problem but I can't find that thread anymore.
Is there anybody who can point me in the right direction? I'd really appreciate some help after having helped numerous people over the last year(s).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: DSDT fix for PCI Configuration Begin hang? [GA-P55-USB3]

I have the same exact MOBO as you...never had the PCI Begin error..either from the 10.6.X day to current 10.7.2 Lion. BTW I used the F9 DSDT from the download link.

Not sure if this is the thread you are looking for.
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... &start=690

Re: DSDT fix for PCI Configuration Begin hang? [GA-P55-USB3]

Thanks a lot for your answer. I actually stumbled over that post last night but had a few other scenarios to check before attempting to edit my DSDT. So I forgot about it again... :oops:

And guess what?! It worked. :)

I did a clean install of 10.7.2 using xMove and a thumb drive since Disk Utility just wouldn't let me partition my boot SSD.
Then I just selected "UserDSDT" (using the edited DSDT file, of course) in MultiBeast to see whether it would boot – and it did.
After selecting all the other options for my board, it still booted just fine.

Right now I'm migrating the contents of my boot SSD back from the CCC sparse image I created prior to my latest attempts to get Lion working in addition to my Time Machine backup.

Hopefully everything will be running smoothly after the migration...

BTW: The reason for your not having had those problems might be the fact that you're using an AMD graphics card; I have an nVidia.

Glad it work for you. I had 9500GT used in the OSX10.6.6 days and I never had the issue back then.

Never had a chance of testing from 10.6.7 onward...perhaps someday when I build my next hackintosh.

i had to grab the two kexts ACPI and IO from my Lion install app to confirm the DSDT fix, and yes, it worked for me too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back