Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Xiaomi Air 13
CPU
Intel i5-6200u
Graphics
Intel HD 520
I'm trying to get audio working on my laptop.

After successfully applying the brightness fix (broadwell) i tried to apply the Audio layout 3 and IRQ fix patches but it gave me this error in Maciasl:

Name already exists in scope (_DSM)

i don't know how to get rid of this. Can anybody help? I've attached my native DSDT and the DSDT with above patches with the error.

Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    872.9 KB · Views: 141
  • DSDTpatches.dsl
    880.7 KB · Views: 166

After successfully applying the brightness fix (broadwell) i tried to apply the Audio layout 3 and IRQ fix patches but it gave me this error in Maciasl:

i don't know how to get rid of this. Can anybody help? I've attached my native DSDT and the DSDT with above patches with the error.

Thanks

It's pretty clear that you have a duplicate _DSM method. Simply remove it.

Thanks

The guide recommends removing all _DSM methods (or renaming them to XDSM) prior to applying functional patches.
Why did you ignore the advice?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

It tried it earlier but it gave me an error so i thought i didn't need it, that error was fixed easily by adding an extra '}'. Thanks, audio works now.

You should read the guide carefully. The guide clearly says to use "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" when "Remove _DSM methods" causes that error.

You should read the guide carefully. The guide clearly says to use "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" when "Remove _DSM methods" causes that error.
Thanks again for pointing that out, i'm missing something every time when i thought i had read it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back