CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've installed El Capitan on my Asus Sabertooth x58, (I7 with 8GB ram) and everything works fine except the shutdown of the system. Now, when I look at About this Mac, it tells me that it is an early 2008. Could this be the reason why I can't find Sierra High in the App Store to download.
Is it possible to change the version of my Hackintosh?

Now, when I look at About this Mac, it tells me that it is an early 2008. Could this be the reason why I can't find Sierra High in the App Store to download.
Early 2008 isn't compatible with macOS High Sierra.

Apple is no longer listing previous operating system updates in a user's Purchased tab in the Mac App Store.
Since macOS Sierra the updates are no longer tied to an Apple ID account. Previous Mac software updates were linked to an Apple ID account and updating required an Apple ID and password.

See #4 on How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra
Is it possible to change the version of my Hackintosh?
Yes, see macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions
You can also use Clover Configurator - See An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

Early 2008 isn't compatible with macOS High Sierra.

Apple is no longer listing previous operating system updates in a user's Purchased tab in the Mac App Store.
Since macOS Sierra the updates are no longer tied to an Apple ID account. Previous Mac software updates were linked to an Apple ID account and updating required an Apple ID and password.

See #4 on How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra

Yes, see macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions
You can also use Clover Configurator - See An iDiot's Guide To iMessage
Thx for the reply. I've changed it in Multibeast to iMac 14.1. Now I could download Sierra.
To avoid messing up my El Captan, I will remove my HD, and taking a spare one to test Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back