[Solved] Downloaded simply for a drive and now crashed OS!!! PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am very lost, confused, and need help ASAP, and honestly don't know what I just happened.

All I was trying to do is download a drive for a USB 3.0 pcie card - "Innately kt 4004" to Mac Pro 2010, so I can use A USB 3.0 Pcie card in Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a brand new fresh install on a brand new refurbished Mac! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1. I was directed to this site from a forum to download this link for a simple driver!!
MultiBeast - Snow Leopard 3.10.1

2. I registered and downloaded Multibeast

I had clicked to download "kext and enablers" (I could not find usb3 and misc. tabs as directed but continued with download)

Upon downloading my computer crashed, and cannot boot normally, due to "kernel panic errors"...hold down power button and restart...But I cannot boot at all!!

Upon requesting support I was sent here and am left with a computer that will not boot and is used for a business. If you could please assist me so I can return my computer to how it was prior to this download I would really appreciate as this is a business computer. Thanks in advance but please help

I am very lost, confused, and need help ASAP, and honestly don't know what I just happened.

All I was trying to do is download a drive for a USB 3.0 pcie card - "Innately kt 4004" to Mac Pro 2010, so I can use A USB 3.0 Pcie card in Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a brand new fresh install on a brand new refurbished Mac! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1. I was directed to this site from a forum to download this link for a simple driver!!
MultiBeast - Snow Leopard 3.10.1

2. I registered and downloaded Multibeast

I had clicked to download "kext and enablers" (I could not find usb3 and misc. tabs as directed but continued with download)

Upon downloading my computer crashed, and cannot boot normally, due to "kernel panic errors"...hold down power button and restart...But I cannot boot at all!!

Upon requesting support I was sent here and am left with a computer that will not boot and is used for a business. If you could please assist me so I can return my computer to how it was prior to this download I would really appreciate as this is a business computer. Thanks in advance but please help
At a guess you have installed more than the USB driver from MultiBeast, probably the Chimera boot loader.
Hook the drive up to another Mac and delete the /Extra folder and contents from the root of the system partition.

At a guess you have installed more than the USB driver from MultiBeast, probably the Chimera boot loader.
Hook the drive up to another Mac and delete the /Extra folder and contents from the root of the system partition.

Thanks, again all I checked in the install window was the "kext and enabler option" as the others I was instructed to install were not present. Instructions i fallowed are below.

Apologies, Can you please tell me how to delete the /Extra folder and contents from the root of the partition, or were to find it?
------------
Followed these steps. I only had checked "kexts and enablers" box and the others were not present.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/ (The site is also a great reference)

2 - You make an account (Essential but not particularly problematic)

3 - You then go to the downloads, to downloads index

4 - Find the appropriate Multibeast for your operating system

5 - Download the Multibeast that best fits your system in this case -
MultiBeast Snow Leopard 3.10.1

6 - it is a small file - 22 mb total (in ZIP format)

7 - Unzip and open the installer Multibeast 3.10.1.pkg

8 - Click continue and agree to the licensing (Free)

9 - Go down the install options to:
- Drivers and Bootloaders
- Kexts and Enablers
- Miscellaneous
- USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas

10 - Install that driver and restart your machine…you are now good to go.

@Stork yes that is what I was told AFTER the fact.

This download I was directed to really messed up my business for now. I really just need help in resolving this issue please. Thanks

How do I correct this issue

Do you remember if you checkmarked any of the other boxes than this one ? If so the fix will be different depending on what you selected.
Screen_Shot_7.jpg

If no others were checked boot into your system in safe mode and then remove the PXHCD.ket from /System/Library/Extensions.
You boot into Safe mode by holding down the Shift key after you hear the Mac chime sound. Hold it down continuously. Reboot normally and see what happens.

Last edited:
Do you remember if you checkmarked any of the other boxes than this one ? If so the fix will be different depending on what you selected.View attachment 275194

If no others were checked boot into your system in safe mode and then remove the PXHCD.ket from /System/Library/Extensions.
You boot into Safe mode by holding down the Shift key after you hear the Mac chime sound. Hold it down continuously. Reboot normally and see what happens.

No that option was not there?? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back