Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Doesnt work Battery Manager, TrackPad and Audio (audio not always)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really, you have tried to run before you can walk

suggest you read up on the dsdt patching and then move on to hotpatching if you want to go that route

or do what other people do and search around the internet to see if anyone else has done the hard work and you can just copy and paste their EFI
I have been trying to solve this problem since November 12th.
1. At first I tried just install Big Sur. From 3 different solutions put together a solution that was successful for me. Separately, none of the solutions worked. All of these solutions are OC based
2. Then I find out that OC could not boot Windows 10 without problems. Maybe, but with many problems.
3. So far, in internet no Clover has found a solution on this issue. That is why I'm asking you to fix the remaining errors. After all, I almost achieved the result. Boot Big Sur and Windows 10 by Clover. But in Big Sur does not work 2+1 devices

I have been trying to solve this problem since November 12th.
1. At first I tried just install Big Sur. From 3 different solutions put together a solution that was successful for me. Separately, none of the solutions worked. All of these solutions are OS based
2. Then I find out that OC could not boot Windows 10 without problems. Maybe, but with many problems.
3. So far, in internet no Clover has found a solution on this issue. That is why I'm asking you to fix the remaining errors. After all, I almost achieved the result. Boot Big Sur and Windows 10 by Clover. Only in Big Sur does not work 2+1 devices
ok but you still need to address your ACPI issues with the links provided

still think you are better off with opencore

ok but you still need to address your ACPI issues with the links provided

still think you are better off with opencore
Thanks. But studying AСPI will take me a lot of time, which I dont have. I've already spent over 20 days on this

Thanks. But studying AСPI will take me a lot of time, which I dont have. I've already spent over 20 days on this
yes, it is a process of learning but as already mentioned, a lot people that can't be bothered to learn new skills, go for the easy route in hunting down other peep's EFI folder and just use that instead

yes, it is a process of learning but as already mentioned, a lot people that can't be bothered to learn new skills, go for the easy route in hunting down other peep's EFI folder and just use that instead
In my case, this isnt entirely true. I collected solution from 3 different, studying the errors of each solution and finding ways to solve them. I also tried to make my DSDT/SSDT for 2 days, but unfortunately, this task is too difficult for me. But Im very grateful to you for your advices and help. I will look for other ways to solve my problem

For example, graphics for clover didnt work. I fix graphics by myself

In my case, this isnt entirely true. I collected solution from 3 different, studying the errors of each solution and finding ways to solve them. I also tried to make my DSDT/SSDT for 2 days, but unfortunately, this task is too difficult for me. But Im very grateful to you for your advices and help. I will look for other ways to solve my problem
yes it is true otherwise you wouldn't have a random ssdt for your battery, in fact you seem to have 2 battery ssdt's

best to remove those ones and maybe just keep:
SSDT-ALS0
SSDT-EC
SSDT-PLUG
SSDT-PNLF

they are going to be the main ones you need

you only add other ones if you need them to fix fix something

you will probably need a SSDT-I2C for your trackpad but will also need to corresponding renames in your config.plist to make that work

you can create your own usb one:
unless you have already created your own?

yes it is true otherwise you wouldn't have a random ssdt for your battery, in fact you seem to have 2 battery ssdt's

best to remove those ones and maybe just keep:
SSDT-ALS0
SSDT-EC
SSDT-PLUG
SSDT-PNLF

they are going to be the main ones you need

you only add other ones if you need them to fix fix something

you will probably need a SSDT-I2C for your trackpad but will also need to corresponding renames in your config.plist to make that work

you can create your own usb one:
unless you have already created your own?
Ok. I will remove all SSDT except these 4. How I can make SSDT-I2C? And about USB. I dont have problems with my USB ports. Why I need USB port configuration?

Ok. I will remove all SSDT except these 4. How I can make SSDT-I2C? And about USB. I dont have problems with my USB ports. Why I need USB port configuration?
usb creation is a must, it can solve sleep issues and proper power management for your usb ports. also is required if you have compatible wifi card as that will need to be setup correctly in a codeless usbport.kext

I2C:

this is an example from my machine, don't use it! :)

these are the renames (in OpenCore) that i need to have in my config.plist:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>_SB.PCI0.I2C1.ETPD._CRS to _SB.PCI0.I2C1.ETPD.XCRS</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                oAp7RFNZTgEApACkCg8UEV9DUlMApIRTQkZCU0JGSQA=
                </data>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>OemTableId</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                oAp7RFNZTgEApACkCg8UEVhDUlMApIRTQkZCU0JGSQA=
                </data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableLength</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableSignature</key>
                <data>
                RFNEVA==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>GPIO._STA to GPIO.XSTA</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                X1NUQQCgCZNTQlJHAA==
                </data>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>OemTableId</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                WFNUQQCgCZNTQlJHAA==
                </data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data>
                </data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableLength</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>TableSignature</key>
                <data>
                RFNEVA==
                </data>
            </dict>

and attached is the aml file

this may give you an idea of how that works

to get the "rename" for Find and replace, use terminal commands from:

ie:

in terminal:
Code:
echo -n GFX0|xxd
would give the output as:
Code:
0000000: 4746 5830                                GFX0
so the above would be the "Find"

and for the "replace"

Code:
echo -n IGPU|xxd
would give out:
Code:
0000000: 4947 5055                                IGPU

so basically you would set the Find -> (as data in config.plist) 4746 5830 and then replace with -> 4947 5055

Attachments

• SSDT-GPI0.aml
    239 bytes · Views: 24
Just want to share my experience. I started when it was Yosemite. I don't quite understand all those ACPI, not to mention I can write my own SSDT. And I have trouble to understand Clover as well. But it really takes time and patience. Recently I move from Clover to OC and I read the OC guide many many times, not days, but weeks. The first thing as in OC guide said you must know your hardware and it is very true. For Probook G5, I would suggest maybe you try to install Mojave first. Rehabman's post

seems to support your model.

Once you get it working, run Hackintool to understand your hardware and generate your own patches or even look at Rehabman's hot patches which is what I do to move up to Catalina or Big Sur from Clover to OC.

Big Sur is hard for me and I need to install it twice until I figure it is my wifi/BT card (BCM94360HMB) is causing some issues. My laptop is a HP 840 G1 without any dGPU and I replace the original wifi card with BCM94360HMB.

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 3.37.32 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back