Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Gryphon Z87 1150
CPU
Intel I-5 4670k
Graphics
Nvidia 770
Hi all!

I have a bit of a unique setup for my customac. I use it at a desk connected through display port, and I also connect it to my TV through HDMI, so it functions as both a desk computer and an HTPC as needed. The issue is that, when doing anything with the BIOS, clover, or other boot loading tasks, the display outputs by default to the TV which is often not on when I'm just sitting at the desk. My question is, Is there any way to change the default output display in Clover from the HDMI to Display port? My goal is to be able to boot into Windows on my customac without having to use the TV, so anyway that is possible would solve my issue.

I am able to boot into windows either through the BIOS settings or through clover so a fix to either would remedy my situation. I understand that the default order of displays is DVI > HDMI > DP (which I wish was reversed) and that this is controlled by the BIOS which unfortunately for me, does not allow me to change order of displays. I'm using a Asus Gryphon z87 motherboard w/ GTX 770 graphics card.

Thank you!

Unless you have output options for graphics in firmware settings (and they work) you will need to use a different combination of ports. Possibly enabling/disabling CSM might help. The order of ports / output combinations is hardware dependent.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give the CSM a shot

I switched CSM from Enabled to Disabled and it now works perfectly! Bios and clover now shows on my primary display on display port which is exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the help.

For reference for others wanting to do the same, I'm running a Gryphon 787 motherboard, GTX 770 graphics card w/ a dell Gsync monitor connected via Display port with a secondary monitor/tv connected by HDMI. I enabled booting into windows first by converting my Windows MDR/legacy drive to GPT/UEFI (instructions -very easy to do) and following this guide for enabling access in Clover (guide). Hope this helps someone.

Hi all! I have a computer that's modeled on this build:
I have 3 displays connected to my RX 580 (center one via HDMI and the left and right using Displayport). In System Preferences they are not set to mirror. And all works great. However I want to change which display is used for the Boot-up sequence.

If I have CSM Enabled, while booting I get both the left and right displays (both DP) mirroring the boot sequence. If I have CSM Disabled, just the left monitor (DP) displays the boot sequence. In both cases, about 2/3s of the way into the mac boot, the booting switches to the center (HDMI) screen, and finally the system boots into the OS completely, enabling all three displays.

I'd love to instead have the center (HDMI) display as the primary one that's displaying the entire boot sequence (BIOS screen and Clover boot). Any ideas/suggestions on how to achieve that? I tried going into Clover Configurator –> Graphics and setting the Video Ports to 4 and BootDisplay to numbers 0–3. But that did absolutely nothing. Would love your help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back