i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there -

Hopefully the subject says it all. I had no issues with sleep in El Capitan, however immediately following the Sierra install the display won't wake after the system has gone into deeper sleep. The machine does turn on, however the displays never do.

I've walked through a bunch of threads for older versions of OS X and tried some recommendations, but I think with my old board (Z68) I may be out of luck. Details of my system are in my signature; any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Having exactly same issue... Any ideas?

I had this same problem earlier this morning (installed Sierra last night). I'm using an Apple Cinema display connected with a Displayport adapter. I also no longer have a "Computer Sleep" option under "Energy", only a "Display Sleep" option.

Z68 board with a similar issue. I get black screen on wake and eventually a KP reboot. Been doing some reading and it sounds like DarkWake settings may help.

I am having the same issue with my build. After I put the computer to sleep it doesn't wake up with mouse or keyboard inputs. The screen lights up but nothing. I then press the power button and nothing. I have to then press it again and the computer reboots. Other than that I have everything working with a iMac 17.1 system definition.

I also tried darkwake=8 with no success.

Thanks for the replies all - glad that we're keeping the conversation going.

Best I can tell this is a driver issue on the Nvidia side, only because I was able to get different results using DVI cable (display won't turn on at all) and DisplayPort (display turns on, but completely black). I may try to experiment with darkwake and DisplayPort since this seems to be the most promising result to date.

Thanks for the replies all - glad that we're keeping the conversation going.

Best I can tell this is a driver issue on the Nvidia side, only because I was able to get different results using DVI cable (display won't turn on at all) and DisplayPort (display turns on, but completely black). I may try to experiment with darkwake and DisplayPort since this seems to be the most promising result to date.
Try darkwake0. Sleep and wake is working for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back