CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Currently in High Sierra I use a custom file generated ( https://comsysto.github.io/Display-...or-with-HiDPI-Support-For-Scaled-Resolutions/ ) to force my laptop screen to use 1920 x 1080 (1366 x 768 native) but I'm unable to do this In Mojave, the file even though is placed correctly does not override the display resolution. Does anyone else have this issue as well?

Did you enable HiDPI mode?
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.133254/

Yes i did previously. I believe i have added 1366x768 normal and hidpi as a test but hidpi doesnt show up in scaled resolutions. Just need to figure out 1920x1080 normal and hidpi code for plist.

Attachments

• DisplayProductID-15ab.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.49.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 11.49.12 pm.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 479
Yes i did previously. I believe i have added 1366x768 normal and hidpi as a test but hidpi doesnt show up in scaled resolutions. Just need to figure out 1920x1080 normal and hidpi code for plist.

No HiDPI resolutions at all indicates you didn't enable HiDPI mode properly.

I ran both of the terminal commands, my override file is in the overrides folder. Is my override file correct?

I ran both of the terminal commands, my override file is in the overrides folder. Is my override file correct?

Maybe Mojave requires new settings for HiDPI.

Maybe Mojave requires new settings for HiDPI.
Yes this is possible, but even the standard 1920x1080 overrride (1366x768 native) resolution doesn't display, i cant even get the HiDPI option to show up in High Sierra. Maybe my display is incompatible?

Yes this is possible, but even the standard 1920x1080 overrride (1366x768 native) resolution doesn't display, i cant even get the HiDPI option to show up in High Sierra. Maybe my display is incompatible?

Sounds like you have some research to do...

Have you tried injecting your EDID and vendor and productID into clover ?
or maybe even patching it for like macbook pro display ?

Have you tried injecting your EDID and vendor and productID into clover ?
or maybe even patching it for like macbook pro display ?
No, I have not tried that. Are you able to point me to a guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back