Contribute
Register

[solved] Display Error (lilu and whatevergreen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS N501JW (Clover)
CPU
i7-4750HQ / HM87
Graphics
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 and Nvidia GTX960m 4GB (4K Display) (3840x2160)
Hi, i can't seem to load the display properly using lilu and whatevergreen. I've add the correct ig-platform id using jaymonkey's idiot guide.

The display would load using -igfxvesa flag.

Whenever i boot without it, i got gioscreenlockstate 3 message. (After force shutdown with power button and boot to mac using -igfxvesa, mac recognize that it's being shutdown improperly, so i am pretty sure that it actually boots)

Any help is appreciated.

Here's the PR files...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 133
  • kyuu’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    11.1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20181221_181551.jpg
    IMG_20181221_181551.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 647
Hi, i can't seem to load the display properly using lilu and whatevergreen. I've add the correct ig-platform id using jaymonkey's idiot guide.

Whenever i boot without it, i got gioscreenlockstate 3 message. (After force shutdown with power button and boot to mac using -igfxvesa, mac recognize that it's being shutdown improperly, so i am pretty sure that it actually boots)

Any help is appreciated.

Here's the PR files...
Your PR file is incomplete. (You forgot to press F2 at CLOVER boot menu.)

Also your driver64UEFI have a problem, please follow the guide to fix.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And why your kexts/Other is empty inside?

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 97
Oh yeah sorry about that here's the zip with preboot.log

I guess i accidentally remove it for some reason, i put all the kexts back to kexts/other
Just a hunch, you give a wrong device-id at Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0).
Try mark it out.

Any help is appreciated.

Here's the PR files...

4k on Haswell is probably going to require 128mb DVMT-prealloc and framebuffer patches to match.
Refer to Y50 config_UHD.plist (my y50 github) for framebuffer patches in Devices/Properties.

Just a hunch, you give a wrong device-id at Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0).
Try mark it out.

I am using the exact device-id shown in intel-fb patcher
Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 08.36.48.png

4k on Haswell is probably going to require 128mb DVMT-prealloc and framebuffer patches to match.
Refer to Y50 config_UHD.plist (my y50 github) for framebuffer patches in Devices/Properties.

Hi, i tried the framebuffer patch from your uhd config, now it's going straight back to clover bootloader, dvmt set to 128mb from bios, both csm enable or disable are the same, maybe there is something wrong with mine, please kindly check my PR files, thank you.
Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 09.12.16.png

Attachments

• Kyuu.ioreg
    13.4 MB · Views: 72
  • EFI-3.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 108
Hi, i tried the framebuffer patch from your uhd config, now it's going straight back to clover bootloader, dvmt set to 128mb from bios, both csm enable or disable are the same, maybe there is something wrong with mine, please kindly check my PR files, thank you.
View attachment 374186

config_UHD.plist uses ig-platform-id 0x0a260006.

I am using the exact device-id shown in intel-fb patcher
View attachment 374185

View attachment 374186
I notice that you have both "AAPL, ig-platform-id" and "AAPL,ig-platform-id" exist in your IOReg file.
Perhaps the "space" is a root cause?

Last edited:
config_UHD.plist uses ig-platform-id 0x0a260006.

I notice that you have both "AAPL, ig-platform-id" and "AAPL,ig-platform-id" exist in your IOReg file.
Perhaps the "space" is a root cause?

This is so embarrassing... Yes the space was the cause...

Thank you guys for your help, the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back