Motherboard
MSI GE62-2QC
CPU
5700HQ/HM87
Graphics
Intel HD5600 + GTX960M (1920 x 1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Disk utility in sierra is wrong. I can't create three partitions, and if i create with capitan is good but i can't install sierra then

Disk utility in sierra is wrong. I can't create three partitions, and if i create with capitan is good but i can't install sierra then

I had no issue with Disk Utility in Sierra. The user interface is confusing (since 10.11 actually), but it works if you learn how to use it. Certain things (like creating free space), must be done in Terminal with diskutil.

I want create three partitions, first MacOS, second Debían (ms-dos fat) and third windowd (ms-dos fst) but i have error. But if i create only MacOs when i install system, then in the installation i have this problem:unable to unmount volume for repair

I want create three partitions, first MacOS, second Debían (ms-dos fat) and third windowd (ms-dos fst) but i have error. But if i create only MacOs when i install system, then in the installation i have this problem:unable to unmount volume for repair

If you plan to install Linux and Windows as UEFI, creating those partitions with Windows formats is a mistake.
Suggest you use HFS+ placeholders for Windows and Linux.
Make sure you do the initial partitioning with Disk Utility (or diskutil).

FYI: Moved off-topic posts to a separate thread.

Yes, if use exfat i don't have error. Then when i install linux i eliminate this partition and i don't have problems. But i have problems when i install sierra;unable to unmount volume for repair. With capitan i have any problems

Yes, if use exfat i don't have error. Then when i install linux i eliminate this partition and i don't have problems. But i have problems when i install sierra;unable to unmount volume for repair. With capitan i have any problems

Creating an exFAT partition is also wrong... You must avoid using any Windows formats to keep Disk Utility from creating an MBR/GPT hybrid partition setup.

Ok! So i have to create three partitions with hfs+ format no?

Thanks Rehabman! Sierra is installing now without problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back