MSI HD Radeon 6850 OC version
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Help please!

High Sierra won't install on my machine (direct update from Sierra (SSD version)).

The problem:
The installation is stuck on the black boot screen with the white apple logo. However, I DON'T get a progress bar. So the installation is just stuck on that screen.

What should I do?

I tried to do a direct update as per instructions below:

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

4. Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

5. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

To clarify, it's stuck at step 6.

For upgrades you should make certain that you have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

For upgrades you should make certain that you have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.
Thanks for your support.

FakeSMC was already in that folder, but I tried it again with a new kext file downloaded from this site.

I've attached the verbose mode output.

Attachments

• 20180202_223642_1.jpg
    20180202_223642_1.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 918
How did you adjust the clover options without being able to boot into osx?

@Constantijn

Last edited:
How did you adjust the clover options without being able to boot into osx?

@Constantijn
During booting the system you will enter the Clover boot screen. Use your keyboard arrows to move to the "options" section.

Hi, I’m trying my first mountain lion hackintosh, I’m stuck to the apple logo without any processing bars.
Does anyone haven’t any idea to resolve my problem?
Best

Attachments

• 6E6D3C1A-A502-43B7-A320-279810E71C77.jpeg
    6E6D3C1A-A502-43B7-A320-279810E71C77.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back