1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just finished my dream build and it's running really well. I have one or two issues that need to be ironed out but the main one is that some USB ports just stop working randomly every time I boot. it's not the same ones every time. Any ideas what is going on here?

I just finished my dream build and it's running really well. I have one or two issues that need to be ironed out but the main one is that some USB ports just stop working randomly every time I boot. it's not the same ones every time. Any ideas what is going on here?

Did you configure USB correctly? (eg. NOT using the port limit patch)

I used the patched DSDT for the board that was done by AndresZerocross here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309729-gigabyte-z170x-gaming-7-success-hackintosh/

I think the issue is that the USB ports do not recognise USB 3.0 devices. When I plug them in nothing happens. I am still very new to this so any advice would be most appreciated.

See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Attach "Problem Reporting" files.

Thank you so much for the info. I have isolated the problem. When I am checkin the ports using IORegistryExplorer. All USB 2.0 devices work on all ports.

The issue is still USB 3.0 devices. They only register on USB 2.0 ports when plugged in. When I plug them into a USB 3.0 port they don't even register. What am I doing wrong here?

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 12.32.15.png

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info. I have isolated the problem. When I am checkin the ports using IORegistryExplorer. All USB 2.0 devices work on all ports.

The issue is still USB 3.0 devices. They only register on USB 2.0 ports when plugged in. When I plug them into a USB 3.0 port they don't even register. What am I doing wrong here?

View attachment 228548

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I have attached:

1. the EFI folder backup
2. ioreg backup
3. kextcahe output

Sorry in advance. I am new the forum and am slowly taking in all the information. Will make sure I post this info next time.

Code:
iMac:Extensions ash$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext HDAEnabler1.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]:     _gAudioStackDebugFlags
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 68778473609593C57F90C5884A4595B0
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 14.57.57.png

HS13 and HS14 are USB 2.0 ports. The rest of the ports on the machine and USB3.0. The motherboard is a Gigabyte 170x-ultragaming. I have connected 2 USB 3 ports to the montherboard front USB 3.0 header from the case. The case USB 3.0 ports are HS01 and HS02 with HS03, HS04, HS05 and HS06 being the rear USB 3.0 ports.

You will see in the ioreg that HS13 accepts the USB3.0 device but none of the other ports accept it. HS14 accepts it too but I didn't connect it in this example.

Attachments

• EFI_Backup.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • iMac.ioreg
    6.3 MB · Views: 149
I have attached:

1. the EFI folder backup
2. ioreg backup
3. kextcahe output

Sorry in advance. I am new the forum and am slowly taking in all the information. Will make sure I post this info next time.

Code:
iMac:Extensions ash$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext HDAEnabler1.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController]:     _gAudioStackDebugFlags
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 68778473609593C57F90C5884A4595B0
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

View attachment 228563

HS13 and HS14 are USB 2.0 ports. The rest of the ports on the machine and USB3.0. The motherboard is a Gigabyte 170x-ultragaming. I have connected 2 USB 3 ports to the montherboard front USB 3.0 header from the case. The case USB 3.0 ports are HS01 and HS02 with HS03, HS04, HS05 and HS06 being the rear USB 3.0 ports.

You will see in the ioreg that HS13 accepts the USB3.0 device but none of the other ports accept it. HS14 accepts it too but I didn't connect it in this example.

Two problems:
- you have another port injector kext installed Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext. Remove. (it will interfere with your work involving USBInjectAll and custom SSDT).
- you have a patch to increase the port limit, but it is for 10.11.x. Your ioreg shows you're running 10.12.2. Use the correct patch as per USB guide.

Note: Clover reads kext patches from config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch. The port limit patches you placed at config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches are ignored.

Two problems:
- you have another port injector kext installed Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext. Remove. (it will interfere with your work involving USBInjectAll and custom SSDT).
- you have a patch to increase the port limit, but it is for 10.11.x. Your ioreg shows you're running 10.12.2. Use the correct patch as per USB guide.

Note: Clover reads kext patches from config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch. The port limit patches you placed at config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches are ignored.

That was amazing!!! It worked. Thanks. Going to run a few more tests but everything looks good. I just need to disable the rest of the ports that I don't need now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back