Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Dell XPS8900 Installation Reboots / MacOS could not be installed on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 8900
CPU
Graphics
GTX 960
Greetings! It's almost been a decade since I did my last Hackintosh, and due to some development requirements, I'm trying to give it a go again.

This time, it's a Dell XPS 8900 where I have tried both with Unibeast and Clover to install yet face the same issues. I have made appropriate changes to my BIOS as per the many guides, some options are not available in the Dell BIOS, ie CFG Unlock, but I still persist.

I am able to boot into Clover, Erase my 120GB Disk to HFS Journaled, and perform the installation. The installation after 30 seconds stops, heads to a black screen, and then reboots. I then run clover from USB again and choose the newly made hard disk and after approximately 3 minutes, it goes to the Black screen w/Apple Logo and then to the GUI stating that MacOS could not be installed on my computer.

I'm always booting with the -v flag, and for now booting via Vesa not bothering to utilize any of my video cards (Internal and PCIE). I was wondering if someone was able to give me pointers for this system to get it up and running w/ High Sierra.

My Specifications:
I6700K/24GB Ram/120GB SSD MacOS / 500GB NVme (linux) / 500gb SSD (Windows) / 2TB Platter (Data)

In following posts I will upload my EFI directory, and also the ia.log that I captured from the install process if that can assist in finding a solution.

Thanks!

IA.log and EFI.zip

Attachments

• ia.log.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 108
  • EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 130
Just Installed It!!

With ACPI Fix -> Fix Headers
and
SIP (System Integrity Protection) 0x0067

Setup it every reboot and then Fix Headers in config.plist after installation.

refer to
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-dell-xps-8900-high-sierra-install-troubles.241105/page-3

my XPS 8700 installed high sierra....but compare to sierra.... high sierra totally no working.....
then i still using sierra now & wait for mojave
Hello!
I have the same problem as in post earlier.
Please, can you explain this solution?

upload_2018-8-12_21-3-16.png

also y u need change SAT0?

Is this clover configurator?
Yes it is.

This is a Desktop Support forum - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant High Sierra Laptop Support forum.

I already had Fix Headers and 0067 in my RT Variables. I went and downloaded Sierra, and it was able to go through the initial installation steps and not reboot like the High Sierra one. After the first reboot, it provided a GUI with a progress bar followed by another reboot. Now, when I reboot, I am stuck at what appears to be 50% with the apple logo and progress bar.

oic.... u already installed high sierra..... after reboot... nowadays high sierra got more then 3 option to choices.... pick the pre-boot (forgot What name) to install. then u will get the full function high sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back