Contribute
Register

[solved] Dell XPS 13 9350 Skylake Freezes Upon AC Adapter Un/Plugging / Sleep / Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it, it was working :( ...

The only thing I did was to create a new USBPort.kext and deactivate the port limit patch. Now I switched it back to USBInjectAll and there's a problem again: Shutdown/reboot does not work anymore and the system wakes up after 5 seconds of sleep...
Code:
log show --style syslog -last boot | fgrep "Wake reason"
2018-10-24 17:29:40.722373+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN XDCI XHC
2018-10-24 17:29:40.722374+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN XDCI XHC

I don't get it, it was working :( ...

The only thing I did was to create a new USBPort.kext and deactivate the port limit patch. Now I switched it back to USBInjectAll and there's a problem again: Shutdown/reboot does not work anymore and the system wakes up after 5 seconds of sleep...
Code:
log show --style syslog -last boot | fgrep "Wake reason"
2018-10-24 17:29:40.722373+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN XDCI XHC
2018-10-24 17:29:40.722374+0200  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN XDCI XHC

See guide for USB configuration:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

See ACPI guide for instant wake:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I was hoping to circumvent this with the FBPatcher as it is easier to use.

Either way, same result.
But must have correct data in any case.

Everything works now but still have no idea how to handle USB 3.1. I'm almost there to live without hot plug capabilities, but is it really the end of the story?

Are you referring to TB3 or something else?
A USB type-C can be handled on TB3 controller or on xHCI. Ramifications of each case are completely different.

Are you referring to TB3 or something else?
A USB type-C can be handled on TB3 controller or on xHCI. Ramifications of each case are completely different.
This port is not available if there is nothing connected at boot time. It is not hot pluggable. It says USB3.1. I'd think it's TB3, right?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 22.45.40.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-31 at 22.45.40.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 71
This port is not available if there is nothing connected at boot time. It is not hot pluggable. It says USB3.1. I'd think it's TB3, right?

That stuff you show is on TB3.

So not supported, right? But that's fine. I plug in a small dock with USB and HDMI ports. USB hot plugging works then. Fair enough...

Anything plugged in prior to boot should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back