Intel Ironlike Mobile
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

trying to install 10.11 onto my vostro 3500, used the legacy EFI and it works fine with the apple logo but when the progress bar starts it quits half way through loading and reboots the laptop, not sure if there's a flag i can use to see why it's doing this.

Thanks

Dell Vostro 3500 Rebooting On Install

I so tried to reinstalled with the unibeast Intel HD 3000 option selected and got this kernel panic, not sure if this is related to the HD 3000 being activated or whether it tells the reason why its rebooting. Its an ironlake mobile graphics card so not sure if thats an issue?

I've looked through the FAQ quide and can't find a lot more on how I might fix it?
IMG_0012.jpg

I so tried to reinstalled with the unibeast Intel HD 3000 option selected and got this kernel panic, not sure if this is related to the HD 3000 being activated or whether it tells the reason why its rebooting. Its an ironlake mobile graphics card so not sure if thats an issue?

I've looked through the FAQ quide and can't find a lot more on how I might fix it?
View attachment 184990

Seems like you neglected to remove the Intel graphics kexts as per guide.

I reinstalled the USB and removed the AppleIntelE1000e.kext file and now there is no panic on the screen but it still reboots.

I reinstalled the USB and removed the AppleIntelE1000e.kext file and now there is no panic on the screen but it still reboots.

AppleIntelE1000e.kext has nothing to do with Intel graphics.

Ah ok apologies. I've booted in verbose mode and it seems to quit after saying 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport', i've just disabled the bluetooth in the BIOS and still getting the same. tried booting without caches and injected kexts and it didn't reboot at the bluetooth bit but got stuck just after
IMG_0015.jpg
thanks

Ah ok apologies. I've booted in verbose mode and it seems to quit after saying 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport', i've just disabled the bluetooth in the BIOS and still getting the same. tried booting without caches and injected kexts and it didn't reboot at the bluetooth bit but got stuck just after
View attachment 184993
thanks

Did you remove all Intel graphics kexts at /System/Library/Extensions from the install_osx partition on your USB?

I've removed the following is this correct:
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

I've removed the following is this correct:
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

You must remove *all* Intel graphics kexts. The guide clearly states which kexts they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back