Contribute
Register

[Solved] Dell T5810(E5-1630v4, C610/X99) could NOT boot into installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say my Mojave install seems pretty solid. I also use DisplayPort (on my RX580).

Are you still trying Catalina or are you working on Mojave?
last few trys were with Catalina - mainly as I could only get 10.14.6
i'll stick with dp for time being as it doesn't look to have hindered you
have you done any more with kernel / kext to patch apart from what was already set from the original 10.12 in clover you used?
I know I used patches that were specific to mojave last time just can't remember what.
should need to patch for locked msr02 - positive i did before and i had power management and speed step working
drvfree2000 on its own is an issue for sure this time round -
osxaptio with test-2 or variations of that get me to '+++++++++++++'
one thing that used to help with that was nullcpupowermanagement , enough to help with installing anyway
then to be removed once pm was sorted.
from other threads these look like patches req for Mojave 10.14.5/6 ......
_xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Kernel patch > Find: 31D2E891 FCFFFF Replace:31D29090 909090
xcpm_bootstrap_HASwell_E © Pike R. Alpha > Find: 89d804c4 3c227722 Replace:89d804c1 3c227722

last few trys were with Catalina - mainly as I could only get 10.14.6
i'll stick with dp for time being as it doesn't look to have hindered you
have you done any more with kernel / kext to patch apart from what was already set from the original 10.12 in clover you used?
I know I used patches that were specific to mojave last time just can't remember what.
should need to patch for locked msr02 - positive i did before and i had power management and speed step working
drvfree2000 on its own is an issue for sure this time round -
osxaptio with test-2 or variations of that get me to '+++++++++++++'
one thing that used to help with that was nullcpupowermanagement , enough to help with installing anyway
then to be removed once pm was sorted.
from other threads these look like patches req for Mojave 10.14.5/6 ......
_xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha Kernel patch > Find: 31D2E891 FCFFFF Replace:31D29090 909090
xcpm_bootstrap_HASwell_E © Pike R. Alpha > Find: 89d804c4 3c227722 Replace:89d804c1 3c227722
I would be interested in this so my CPU isn't running full blast all the time. I checked CloverConfig and didn't see any Haswell patches for 10.14.4 other than what is already enabled in the Clover config.plist I used from Post #2. That being the -xcpm and ticking the Haswell kernel patch box. Those you specify above are 10.14.5/6 only?

I might try updating to 10.14.6 today. I have some free time. When you say "patches req", do you mean 10.14.6 won't boot/work without them?

Upgrade to 10.14.6 was bumpy. It started fine, ", 34 min remaining", worked a bit more then "17 minutes remaining", worked a bit more (SSD access LED activity) then seemed to stop. No SSD activity for a long time. System ultimately went to sleep, then woke to just a black screen and cursor. Had to power cycle. Upon boot, it said 10.14.6 and seems to work. Then tried the 10.14.6 security update, and exactly the same thing. 34 min, then 17 min then no SSD activity for at least 10 minutes. Then sleep and awoke to black screen and cursor. Power cycle, and says "macOS 10.14.6 (18G1012)", so it seems it took, but is it complete?

In any case, those 10.14.6 kernel patches listed above were no-go. Immediate reboot at boot. Not even a tick of the progress bar, so I removed them.

I would be interested in this so my CPU isn't running full blast all the time. I checked CloverConfig and didn't see any Haswell patches for 10.14.4 other than what is already enabled in the Clover config.plist I used from Post #2. That being the -xcpm and ticking the Haswell kernel patch box. Those you specify above are 10.14.5/6 only?

I might try updating to 10.14.6 today. I have some free time. When you say "patches req", do you mean 10.14.6 won't boot/work without them?

no harm to try them before upgrading - you can always disable them if they don't help
make sure you clone your working drive before updating - don't do what I did and end up with nothing booting.
not sure what changed from version to version but I had more than 2 patches for 10.14.0.

made a bit more progress at my end but still not reaching installer......
clover other kexts are not loading during boot so boot hangs after good chunck of code at mach reboot
code shows kexts not loaded.
I have osxaptio2 , fix2000 and test2-2016 and I know not supposed to but it does move things further for me
not sure why clover kexts wont load , using clover 5071.
found an asus x99 build were memory needed to be specified in clover for system to boot …..
might try that next when I get a chance and if you want to test i can upload my latest efi for 10.14.6 later in the week

had started to write last post earlier but only got back to it now.
add '-v' and 'debug=0x100' to your boot flags if you start crashing at boot - it will keep the panic code on screen so you can review
did you try with just …._xcpm_core_scope_msrs
that should allow you boot - at least so far along.
my latest installer has only 1 kext to patch .... IOPCIFamily
and 1 kernel to patch ....._xcpm_core_scope_msrs
on clover 5071 with the same drivers and config plist I get to the same point 'MACH Reboot '
with Mojave and Catalina Installer .
security changes in 10.14.6 effect loading of unsigned kexts - same issue on 10.15
in both instances kexts are not loading from clover usb
its possible my installer setup might boot from earlier versions but only have 10.14.6 and 10.15.1 at the moment.

# Found this extract from imacpro x99 guide on these forums .....
For native NVRAM implementation, Clover's RC Scripts have to be omitted during the clover boot loader installation. If already previously installed, remove Clover's RC Scripts from the /etc directory of your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer or System Disk:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.boot.d
sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.shutdown.d
Also the "slide" boot flag needs to be disabled.
Enable BIOS function "Above 4G Decoding" to avoid memory relocation errors when using AptioMemoryFix.efi on X99 systems.
#############

had started to write last post earlier but only got back to it now.
add '-v' and 'debug=0x100' to your boot flags if you start crashing at boot - it will keep the panic code on screen so you can review
did you try with just …._xcpm_core_scope_msrs
that should allow you boot - at least so far along.
my latest installer has only 1 kext to patch .... IOPCIFamily
and 1 kernel to patch ....._xcpm_core_scope_msrs
on clover 5071 with the same drivers and config plist I get to the same point 'MACH Reboot '
with Mojave and Catalina Installer .
security changes in 10.14.6 effect loading of unsigned kexts - same issue on 10.15
in both instances kexts are not loading from clover usb
its possible my installer setup might boot from earlier versions but only have 10.14.6 and 10.15.1 at the moment.

# Found this extract from imacpro x99 guide on these forums .....
For native NVRAM implementation, Clover's RC Scripts have to be omitted during the clover boot loader installation. If already previously installed, remove Clover's RC Scripts from the /etc directory of your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer or System Disk:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.boot.d
sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.shutdown.d
Also the "slide" boot flag needs to be disabled.
Enable BIOS function "Above 4G Decoding" to avoid memory relocation errors when using AptioMemoryFix.efi on X99 systems.
#############
What is the patch for 10.14.x for IOPCIFamily? The one that is there from Post #2 is for 10.12.

What is the patch for 10.14.x for IOPCIFamily? The one that is there from Post #2 is for 10.12.

IOPCIFamily FIND 483D0000 0040 REPLACE 483D0000 0080
AND LEAVE MATCH OS EMPTY

this might help also …..
when in clover boot screen press F11 - to clear nvram

and if you are using EHC renaming patches try disabling these

How did you use UEFI patch on your Bios? I'm finding it hard to find a way to do it I see a lot about the old PMpatch but not uefipatch which is now Uefitools? can you give insight to how you accomplished that? That's the step I need to get my 5801 going I believe.
GH

Don't believe guys here have patched dell bios.

I did that recently. You can refer to this file for known patches: https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/blob/master/UEFIPatch/patches.txt

You can download uefipatch from an older release (LongSoft github, releases section). But if it doesn't work for your EFI then:

In UEFITools, search for the hex sequence that might be the one for your BIOS, based on platform. Then you will click the search result to show section, expand that in the interface and then right click on the PE32 Image Section there. It will allow you to "Save Body." With a hex editor, apply the patch from UEFIPatch patches.txt. Sometimes, more than one patch is needed. Replace any patched sections with "Replace Body" in the right click menu. Then File > Save Image file.

In my case, after figuring all of this out... it turns out I have a board with unlocked MSR. But I still modded my BIOS to get updated microcodes, using the step from the KGP guide that's right before this one.

Hi,

I have a similar setup to most here but I can’t seem to get my boot screen past “end randomseed ++++++”. I’ve ran Mojave before on this pc but can’t seem to get it running now after a reinstall. I’m running a 1650 v3 with 16gb ECC ram at 2133mhz, a pny 250gb ssd and a quadro k1200 gpu. I have used all efi package in post #2with no success, tried some the the updated packages throughout the comment section but none seem to work. I have replaced the memory efis with every type (osxaptio, AptioMemoryFix, Drv-2000, fix2 and fix3) butnone can get me past the random seed error. I have also tried removing any bloat efi such as usbkbfix or ps/2fix but nothing. My bios is on a25 update and I have tried on a32 and a19 but they came up with the couldn’t allocate run error. my bios also has pretty much everything off bar hyperthreading, integrates nic and the intel power settings. Does anybody know why this is happening? All forums point the memory efis but I have tried that to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back